2 Months In!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluebirdHazel

Well, we've been fulltimers for 2 months now so I thought I'd report back with our experience so far.

It's taken me the full 2 months to feel that the Navion is home. My hubby adjusts much faster than I do so he's had no issues. But I was very attached to our little country home that we had built ourselves and I've had a bit of a hard time letting go. To make it worse, we had to stay in an RV park in our community for the 2 months for medical appointments; it was so weird going to our old haunts but then not driving home to our house.

We've worked out what goes where, how we do daily things, what our routine is, and who does what. We off loaded more stuff that just wasn't useful enough on a daily basis. Simplify, simplify. Fewer things = more space for what we really need.

Because the space is small, everything takes more time and patience. Daily life is more of a challenge in some ways than in a house. The upside is that there is less to look after, less to clean, less to worry about, and more time for things we enjoy like hiking, biking, birding, kayaking, movies, reading. The trade-offs so far are worth it.

The biggest problem we've had is me getting sick. It's not much fun being sick in such a small space, not for either person! I'm still working on getting a diagnosis so hopefully we can keep to our travelling schedule.

We've survived in some cold fall temperatures and lots of rain. I think it will be so much more fun once we're down south and able to be outside much of the time.

What we've really learned.......besides how to function in tight quarters......is that LIFE goes on, the good and the bad, and you deal with it no matter where you're laying your head at night.

Hope all the other newbies are doing well!

Hazel

Hi Hazel,
Congratulations on your first 2 months!  Sounds like you have learned a lot in this short time. Hope your health issue gets resolved soon and you can head for warmer weather ? 
Debra

Congratulations on your first 2 months,  we are in our first month and also sticking around for a few years until my hubby retires. I've adjusted quickies for all the reasons you have.  It'd just simpler.  I have severe arthritis so while it's better,  it takes some accommodations I wasn't prepared for. Fortunately we are upgrading to a larger 5th wheel soon.  I hope you feel better!

Hi & congrats on successfully navigating a major change in lifestyle!

You've hit on a couple of the reasons why an RV can be adequate but still too small for real comfort. A little "extra" space, more than a bare minimum, can go a long way toward making life better, reducing the need for patience or to move one thing to use another. And also reduces the cabin fever we get when feeling poorly (or just a rainy day).

We're in about the same place. Living in the north until I retire. We started out in one RV and after 2 weeks decided we made a mistake and bought a much larger 5th wheel. We both love it and it's so spacious it really feels like home now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom