Zion in February/March, Watchman,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

we are leaving the snow... and I know it can be cold in Zion in February... early March... anyone been there that time of the year. We hate the heat and crowds...

Someone posted about Watchman campground, Not to stay in a campsite with a letter? Now I cannot find that post. Want to make our reservations this week... and then play it by ear. Weather wise. We are leaving our snow first of February to play around St. George area and want to go to Zion, never been.. and then head over to Kodachrome before we head home...Have about 8 weeks to play. Thinking Watchman with Electric would be a nice place to :park and play"

Any ideas for that time of the year! we like to hike, drive, see the sities... and have never been there!

thanks,

We were in Zion at the very end of January last year and had some snow. The results were magical! It pretty much all melted by the end of the day, but it was lovely while it lasted. Also,check out Silver Reef while you are in St. George. It is one of many mining historic sites in the area. I can't remember which sites are best in Watchman. Our trailer isn't too big so we don't have any issues generally with finding a spot that will fit. While at Kodachrome ask the ranger for directions to a great slot canyon nearby. You also need to check out Goblin State Park.

tanglemoose said:
Any ideas for that time of the year! we like to hike, drive, see the sities... and have never been there!
Are you in for a shock. Zion is one of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love to hike then Zion is paradise. Angel's Landing is one of my all time favorite hikes. Not for the feint of heart though.

https://youtu.be/igI1OFitYFk

The Narrows is my all time favorite hikes.

Willis Creek is a good hike near Kodachrome and we also visited Bull Valley Gorge which has an old truck stuck in it think you can hike there too.  We did a drive in an SUV down Johnson Canyon Road (sometimes called Cottonwood Road) which has a lovely section through some rocks and goes past a couple of trailheads to other slot canyons. Another great drive was up to Powell Point but you need 4x4 and I wouldn't go in the snow - driving over lots of tree roots. Have fun and post some pics.

Willis Creek

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1477961911098.jpg
    FB_IMG_1477961911098.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom