Electrical problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shellback

I have a Damon Daybreak 06 and when after a month of standing still I pulled in the slides and jack and everything went fine until I reversed the process the jacks went down but very slow the slides would not budge.  I looked at the coach batteries and they looked fine, finally the slides went out and after calling Damon with no help I found the battery control assembly in the front of the RV.  It has a circuit board a solenoid as about 10 fuses.  The plastic on this assembly is brittle, not melted but falling apart.  The Fuse panel is broken from the heat.  Anyway I finally did get the slides out and step also.  I charged the coach batteries with a battery charger hoping this will help.  Can't get any help from Damon or any dealer here in Tampa, FL and will be heading home in a week. 

What batteries are for the slides and steps and jacks, the coach or the Ford?  By the way the Ford started right up with no problem. 

On my way back home to NH, if the slides, steps, or jacks don't go up can I put a charger on ???? battery and do I have to disconnect anything?

Slides should run on house batteries,, Jacks on chassis since they operate via the ignition switch.

The BCC (Battery control center) handles all of the batteries though.

Back
Top Bottom