FLS/RPE DigiSync Room Slide System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJW

I am having problems with the front passenger slide system on my 2013 Itasca Sunova 33C. Upon pressing either the out or in button on the control module I get a low voltage warning and the slide will not move. This will happen whether on shore power, 5500 watt genset running or engine running. What baffles me is that it is inconsistent! When I check the voltage it is always above 12.9 on 4 Lifeline AGM 6 volt batteries. I have read and applied PowerGear Issued: August, 2011 #82-S0513, Rev. 0A (enclosed). Usually if I leave it and try it again it will work but it is disconcerting if I cannot retract when I am leaving an overnight spot. Any suggestions!

Attachments

• 2011-10 Slide Out System Fault Codes.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
Start going over the wiring and look for loose/dirty connections,especially the grounds.

Alex, our digi-sync system has a reset procedure that's spelled out in the owners manual. It involves turning off the house-batteries for a certain period of time, and holding down the slide button(s) for a few seconds, but I can't remember the exact steps and I don't have the manual near me. Does your manual say something similar?

Kev

Thanks for the suggestions John and Kev. I tried to retract the slide this morning and the same flashing red light indicating low voltage. Went behind the module and pressed the reset button, turned the coach battery off, 50 secs later back on, started the engine and big mistake I pressed both the in and out buttons simultaneously which was supposed to operate the individual motors on the slide but it only operated the front one and before I knew it the front was in about 5 inches and the back stayed put! Out came the ? in drive and under I go. After about an hour of sliding forth and back between the motors I finally manually cranked the slide in! Drove to quartzite and decided to try it again (bear for punishment) and lo and behold out it went no problem. Here I sit almost fearful to retract it.
Next morning in it came, and off to BLM at Imperial Dam. Out it went! I don't know if these are things sent to try us. I am going to inspect the wiring for loose/corroded connections once the bruise and abrasions from the previous episode have partially healed.
I have emailed PowerGear with an account of my difficulties but as of yet no response. I have not tested for voltage behind the module as this was part of my request to PowerGear (Where is the voltage tested?). I also tried to phone Winnebago but I don't have enough minutes on my phone to stay on hold that long.

AJW
The slides on my 09Journey are powered from the chassis batteries and not the house batteries. I believe that that arrangement is used on all Winn coaches. For that reason, Winnebago advises to have the engine running when operating the slides. The generator charges the house batteries and provides only a limited charge to the chassis batteries - in my case thru the Tril-L-Start. Since the slides require significant current while operating, running the engine provides the higher output from the alternator which will give the the full alternator voltage - about 14 volts. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom