How bout those Cubs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's about time, what a great series.

After 108 years the Cubies finally won the World Series .......

(  is this a sign of changing times ? ).

My son, who lives in Boston, was routing for the Indians with Tony Francona (former Sox Manager).  We have lived the past ten years in St. Petersburg and were routing for the Cubs with Joe Madden (former Rays Manager).  Made for some interesting back and forth within the family.

Either way we really had no skin in the game.  It certainly was a nail-biter!  Great fun to watch.

One of the most gut wrenching 7th game of the World Series examples I have ever seen! And I am an Angles fan!  Seriously though, great show!

Watched the game with my Daughter...avid Cubbies Fan. She was in NC; I am in Texas. We burnt up the Text-O-Sphere shouting at ump, yelling for good plays, moaning for bad ones.
A really fun night.

Long overdue for the Cubs congrats to them and their forever loyal fans.  Has to be a game 7 for the ages.

That was some game, certainly no lack of drama. ;D Hats off to the Cubs, they got their act together when they needed it most after game 4.

I am a Cardinals fan (with a good-natured "arch enemy" style rivalry with the Cubs) so I became an Indians fan for this Series, but...

SargeW said:
One of the most gut wrenching 7th game of the World Series examples I have ever seen! And I am an Angles fan!  Seriously though, great show!

...I cannot disagree with this in the slightest.  What an exciting game, and even I'll admit that the Cubs won it fair and square.  ;)

I'll miss all the years of referencing 1908 though.  Ironically enough, the second-place Indians now take over the team record for the longest span since winning a World Series title (1948).

I've never watched a better game!!!  7th game in the Series, extra innings, and a rain delay with game tied!!!!  That one will make a Cubs and Indian Fan fan out of anyone. :)

I'm exhausted from game 7.
One of the best ball games ever.
Congrats to the Cubs!
And huge respect for the Indians, especially Coach Francona. His post game interview was very respectful and professional - a first class guy.

BigLarry said:
I've never watched a better game!!!  7th game in the Series, extra innings, and a rain delay with game tied!!!!  That one will make a Cubs and Indian Fan fan out of anyone. :)

Not to mention the Cubs won it after coming back from a 3-1 disadvantage after Game 4.  I'm not a baseball statistician, but I'm sure the odds of winning 3 subsequent games to take the Series (in the final Game 7), while on the road for the last 2 games, are pretty slim.  But they did it.  And again this is coming from a professed non-Cubs fan!

TonyDtorch said:
it's about time, what a great series.

After 108 years the Cubies finally won the World Series .......

(  is this a sign of changing times ? ).

It's truly a sign the apocalypse is upon us.

sadixon49 said:
It's truly a sign the apocalypse is upon us.
  the apocalypse has truly been upon us for several centuries...

scottydl said:
Not to mention the Cubs won it after coming back from a 3-1 disadvantage after Game 4.  I'm not a baseball statistician, but I'm sure the odds of winning 3 subsequent games to take the Series (in the final Game 7), while on the road for the last 2 games, are pretty slim.  But they did it.  And again this is coming from a professed non-Cubs fan!

Very rare indeed. Only 6 teams have won after being down 3 to 1 and only 4 of those did it with games 6 &7 on the road.

Sheryl was born in Chicago and a life-long fan. Bobby is a Yankees fan, but when they didn't make the post season he rooted for the Cubs too. Very exciting game. The best we have ever seen.

People are already predicting a repeat next year, just like they did in 1907 & 1908.

Now onto basketball. Orlando Magic won their 2nd game of season tonight. They are off to a very slow start.

scottydl said:
I am a Cardinals fan (with a good-natured "arch enemy" style rivalry with the Cubs) so I became an Indians fan for this Series, but...

Same here but while I have several Cub fan friends some of those on the internet are only young trolls who love to spread hate and discontent.  It used to be a friendly rivalry (and still is when face to face) but those who spread the internet vermin have turned it into something else.  So all I can say is GO CARDS.      lol

I'll still take Game 6, 2011 World Series, Cardinals vs Rangers as the best World Series game ever.  I am 77 years old and have seen my share but even as a Cardinals fan I don't ever recall more suspense than that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom