Bed cushion ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zippinbye

I have a rear bunkhouse that came with open cell foam cushions with a fabric cover that serve as mattresses. They are 3" thick. At 12 years old, they must go.  I've found plenty of candidate fabrics, but I'm in a quandary about the core support for theses mattresses. I wouldn't object to going thicker for comfort, but I like the idea of a denser, closed-cell foam, akin to the stuff in "memory foam" mattresses.  I would be most appreciative of any suggestions from members you have gone through such a project.  Thank you!

Do you live near a JoAnn Fabrics?  They sell a high density foam you might like.  Sign up for their coupons or wait until it goes on sale-40 to 50% off.  It comes in up to 5 inches thick.  They probably sell it online if you are ok with not inspecting it first. 

Most any upholstery shop will have, or can get you, medium or high density foam in any thickness you want. Or order on Amazon or Ebay. Here's an example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J2944TM

High density can be very firm, so medium may be a better choice. It's all personal preference, though. Best to buy it somewhere that you can feel the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom