Jeep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking spacers or adapters?  There is a difference.  Spacers simply slide on the wheel stud between the wheel and hub and use the same wheel studs to fasten the wheels on sandwiching the spacer.  I am NOT a fan of these at all due to the undue stress it puts on the actual wheel studs. 

Adapters actually bolt onto the original hub using the original wheel stud, the good ones will have the same conical seat as the wheel which center the adapter on the studs so they are concentric with hub.  They then have another set of wheel studs that the wheel actually bolts onto.  If you are looking to space your wheels outboard a small amount this is what I recommend using.

Mike.

Mike,I am talking about Adapters.They come as a wheel spacer and adapter Combo kit.
I have heard of wheels coming off when adapters have been used if not torqued every 3k
Anyone have experience using these?

I haven't personally heard nor seen any come off before.  When I have worked on Jeeps with them I generally throw a torque wrench on them before installing the tires/wheels but that is just more of a precautionary measure, then torque the wheels on as usual.

Mike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom