Destin, FL RV Campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABrooksMO

Hello all,

My husband has retired and I am looking to do the same within the next year.  We are thinking of buying an RV and doing some travel while we are young enough to enjoy the open road.  We are going to rent and RV for a week and "test drive" the life style in Destin, FL.  There are 3 or 4 RV sites that I can find.  Any suggestions on which one is best and tips for our first road trip?

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at any of the parks near Destin, but I have been down to St. Andrews State Park at Panama City Beach about an hour down the coast. The Gulf Coast is beautiful. PCB is quiet and relaxing in the off season. I did visit Pensacola and Destin area the year before I bought the RV. Loved snorkeling in the gulf.

This year I'm going even further south to get away from the "party beach" areas. I'm headed for St. George Island State Park over Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm interested too....

but it really depends on what you want I'd think.....

I have driven through Henderson Beach SP, and went to the beach there.... but not in the RV and didn't camp.  CG looked ok if my memory is clear enough.  i want to say it was fairly typical FL SP with vegitation between most sites.... low scrubby beach trees.

I have read about one over that way where you can put your tires in the sand on the beach..... can't find it now.....

We read a recommedation (probably on this forum) for Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. Also good reviews on other sites. It is 14 miles east of Destin. So we booked it for early February for a few days.

Santa Rosa RV Resort was a really nice park. About 25 minutes from Destin, near the causeway to Santa Rosa Is. Best beaches and sand dunes there. Destin was a little to claustrophobic for me. 

We enjoy Topsail, it is our Destin destination. We have picnicked in Henderson SP but never camped. We intend to camp soon in Henderson for the fun of it and then move to Topsail. We have scouted several parks in the area and all are nice. You will not have a problem finding an enjoyable park near Destin. Make reservations early!!

We also stay at Topsail State Park when we are in that area.  The sites are paved and fairly spacious, full hook-up.  The have a clean laundry on site.  There is a paved road that goes to the beach.  You can walk the 3/4 mile, bike or take the free trolley.  The beach is the wonderful while Florida sugar sand.

Because we are Florida residents we get half off of the price which is also a plus.

If you can get in, Topsail is a great place to stay.  We stayed there one year and really enjoyed it especially great with the price.

Back
Top Bottom