Nexus Motorhomes - Experiences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvRVing

We are interested in buying a motorhome, sometime in the near future..and have been actively looking and comparing.  Have come across the Nexus motorhomes and love the floor plan and amount of storage. Has anyone had any experiences with these manufacturer ?  comments? Likes vs dislikes? Anyone from Canada?

I'm from Quebec, Canada and never heard of those products. Originaly, I tought it was the new revived "Monaco" products with their own diesel engines etc..., some time in 2012.

You may be thinking of the Navistar ownership of Monaco after its bankruptcy.

ArdraF

Nexus sells Factory direct from the showroom and factory in Elkhart, IN.
I toured the factory.
Care in assembly wasn't the worst I've seen and probably par or better for the price point.

I have recently been in communication with Nexus about their products. Their prices seem competitive and I?ve only heard good things about them. They currently have a 6 to 8 week back-log as everyone is in a rush to get their new coaches completed by spring. At their web sight they have many videos giving you a tour of their different units. My son pointed out to me that the Winnebago units I have been also checking out had a higher cargo carrying capacity than the Nexus. Something I didn?t keep watch on when we first started our search.

Nexus is high on my list with Winnebago perhaps slightly ahead, but the wife and I are in no rush to make our first purchase ever. We are still deciding between going with a class A or C. Talking with others that we meet it seems a fairly even split.

Just purchased a Ghost 36DS & have had a few nights in it.  We love it but it's not perfect.  We live in WI so it's already winterized & we'll only use it a few times before spring. 

I can?t add a whole lot to this thread but we just bought a new 2019 Nexus Phantom 31P after about two years of looking at both motorhomes and 5th wheels. Have only used it twice so far; it?s in the shop right now for a few minor things (and since it?s November in Washington State!) ? one is a leaky water connection that goes into the flush-out line for the black tank. Nexus also apparently forgot to put the wiring harness in so the L-R mirror cameras would connect to the dashboard screen. They also had to adjust a crooked drawer from the factory, and one of the little window-blind bracket holders at the bottom of the window was about a half-inch from where it needed to be. They?re also looking at the rear-view camera because something ain?t right with it. Nothing here is anything major though of course ? knock on polyurethane ? so we?re looking forward to getting it back and will finish winterizing it and look forward to March or so when we can un-winterize it. Very happy overall with it. The bed is actually very comfortable, it drives very nicely. We really appreciate the nice solid-wood cabinetry too. So far, so good ? lets keep it that way!

Nexus now sells thru dealers, no longer factory direct.  My neighbors purchased a Super C last year and it?s very well made, they are extremely happy.  We looked at a few different models this spring and decided, based on our views and reports, to purchase.  Last month we took the leap, placed a deposit and flew to pick it up.  This specific unit was ?a lemon?, os so it seemed to us.  For a company that touts ?superior? construction, it was not.  Numerous small issues and 2 I considered significant.  QC clearly lacking (on this unit). We did not buy.
  There is excellent forum on Facebook for Nexus owners.  You will get good and bad reviews from owners. Check it out (not the company FB Page, the owners Independent Page).

My impression is that Nexus is great at marketing but only average at RV building. Probably no worse than any other manufacturer, but no better either (despite their  claims).  I have no personal experience - my opinion is based solely on reports from owners I've seen on various RV sites.

Back
Top Bottom