iNetVu dish w/o a blue light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Have come full circle now having started a number of years ago setting up on a 2x4' plywood base before tripods became vogue for mobile Internet Sat setups. As Jeff and Terry were able to find used MotoSats in QZ -- I have been able to find a used iNetVu auto roof mount system at the right price that I had installed and tested this past week.

The C-COM company HERE out of Canada that builds these mounts have made it a platform for several vendor dishes. It appears very well built and my initial tests show it will find the right bird in about 1 to 2 minutes, then takes another 5 minutes or so do fine tuning before Internet access. It takes 34 seconds for the dish to stow.

The downside is that maintenance will not be as accessible for me as for those with MotoSat, and I do not have a blue light. :(

Have attached a couple of pics I took -- one closer on, and the other in a 95 degree parking lot.

Note: I have no association whatsoever with C-COM, nor do I have any association with any dealer or vendor that markets the C-COM mount.

Attachments

• AutoMount.jpg
    AutoMount.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ParkingLot.jpg
    ParkingLot.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 28
Ned said:
Welcome to the pushbutton world :) 

Thanks, Ned. :)  It's nice that there are enough units around now that one can find a used auto mount and not have to pay the big bucks still required of newer models. It has been very interesting for me during the testing phase prior to the install. This combo of a GPS, compass, hydraulics, gears, motors, potentiometers, firmware, and software pretty much follows the exact procedures we learned over the years doing manual setups. Though XPol is not required now, I have been checking mine -- and the iNetVu passes with lower numbers than I was ever able to pass with manually.

OTOH, I will still keep my trusty tipod mount in the Jeep -- just in case. ;)

During our morning walk today, I saw a StarBand automatic antenna on a large 5th wheel in the park.  First one I've seen.  He wasn't on the map however :)  Will you be posting your location on the Datastormusers map?  It's not just for Datastorm users you know.

Ned said:
Will you be posting your location on the Datastormusers map?  It's not just for Datastorm users you know.

I hope he does because he hasn't updated his location on his web site since "last" April!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

But then the question is will he update his Datastormusers location?  ???  ???

Ned said:
During our morning walk today, I saw a StarBand automatic antenna on a large 5th wheel in the park.  First one I've seen.  He wasn't on the map however :)  Will you be posting your location on the Datastormusers map?  It's not just for Datastorm users you know.

That's one more than I had ever seen before mine, Ned. :)  The dark blue iNetVue mast is easy to spot, but might be the platform for other vendor dishes. They are all over the world in that sense as the platform for a number of vendors as long as they can see their birds. I guess they have been the auto mount for SB for 3 or 4 years now -- as well as HughesNet. Plus they have their own service. I also understand that most of their business has been to governent and military so far.

How do I join the Datastorm users map?

Alaskansnowbirds said:
I hope he does because he hasn't updated his location on his web site since "last" April!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Am hearing that from others as well, Don --  :(  guess I'm gonna have to get back on track. Thanks for the reminder . . .

Bob, go to Datastormusers.com and register for a free account.  Log in at least once using IE to set the necessary cookie.  You can use the online form from the map page to update your location.  If you were a HughesNet user, there are several very useful programs for controlling the antenna and automatically posting your location to the map, but you will probably have to use the web form.

A nice feature is you can have the server send out emails to a list of email addresses every time you change location so friends and family can see that you're on the move and click the included link to see the map.

Also, the datastormusers forum is the best source of information on anything satellite internet related.  There are quite a few dealers that participate there as well as users, and it's not just Datastorms there either.  Tripods, Starband, Unasat, and other ISPs are also represented.

Ned said:
Bob, go to Datastormusers.com and register for a free account. 

Thanks, Ned. This link should work now:

http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=4741

Will give it more detail as soon as I land somewhere tonight. This is a short travel day for me.

Back
Top Bottom