Slide Adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevekdx

Hi, I have a 2004 Gulfstream BT Touring Cruiser.  It has a small dinette slide out, but it leaks around the top during a heavy rain.  The bottom of the slide snugs up against the wall but there's about a 1" gap at the top.  I know the slide needs to be adjusted, I just can't figure out how to do it.  I don't have a manual for the slide but from internet research I've found out it was manufactured by Power Gear and it's a single track electric system but I don't have the specific model number.

With all that being said, I can see two bolts that when loosened it appears that the slide track can be moved both up and down and side to side a bit.  I think that over time it's just slid down.  Most of the stuff I've read said that the bolts need to be loosened and there are two allen screws for the vertical adjustment however I can't find them.  It almost seems that I need to lift the slide manually and adjust the bolts but I really hate to do that and I'm not sure how I would do it anyway.

Any advice is appreciated. There's probably a simple way to adjust it.  Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Same here on my 2006, yes, only the dinette slide. Huh. You find a fix?

Bob

To assist we need to know the make and model of the slideout.. But I will describe two of 'em

Power gear the slide height adjustment may affect this, this is under the slide out on the ends of the toothed rails.

Accu-Slide (These have cables which you can see on the "Sides" of the Slides when extended)

THere is an adjust,ent, 4 of them actually where the power unit is. USUALLY this is inside the RV above the slide out behind a removable panel.. 7/16" Wrench and a pair of vice grips needed to adjust.. I recommend the pass through ratchet type wrenches.

I also recommended adding a 2nd quarter inch nut to each adjustment (Jam nut style)

Howdy,

I replied yesterday and the day before that, hit send, but it didn't take. (((FOUR TIMES NOW DUE TO PHOTO Sizes))))

I believe our slides are Lippert "Above Floor Sofa Slide (SINGLE RAIL)."

None of us see any way to adjust anything more than end stop. I've ordered some stick on gutter material as a stop gap solution. Pun intended.

Thanks,
Bob F

Photos Courtesy Bob Winfield

Attachments

• 20170729_091851.jpg
    20170729_091851.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170729_091922.jpg
    20170729_091922.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170729_092447.jpg
    20170729_092447.jpg