Trail-air air ride pin box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperPI

I just found an advertisement on air ride pinbox hitch for 5'ers and wondered if anyone has one and if they make a difference.  I have a Montana with a regular pinbox but considering  the air ride if it makes for better handling.

My Silverado Dura Max does a great job of towing now but do notice bouncing on uneven wavy road surfaces. 

I have a Fifth Airborne/Sidewinder pin box combo and am very pleased with it.You can also get it without the sidewinder hitch and it just replaces your standard pin box. I have only towed it a couple of times(a little over 1000 miles), but the difference from what I have experienced before is very noticeable. This is my personal first 5er, but I have driven a couple of 5er camper rigs and logged many miles with a gooseneck, and 5er hitch livestock trailers. What I like about this model is that it addresses the forward and back motion along with the up and down. There are a few different ones on the market, so you have a choice in what you getand how much money to spend.

SuperPI said:
I just found an advertisement on air ride pinbox hitch for 5'ers and wondered if anyone has one and if they make a difference.  I have a Montana with a regular pinbox but considering  the air ride if it makes for better handling.

My Silverado Dura Max does a great job of towing now but do notice bouncing on uneven wavy road surfaces. 

I have a Trailair pinbox and love it...and yes, it does make a difference.

I have the fifth airborne and like it very much the airbag and shock are underneath out of the elements and yes it has made a tremendous difference in towing would not be without one again and mor/ryde suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom