RV Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lafittes Cove

We are currently in the design phase of our RV Resort and want to make use we don't miss the important things and would like to have the latest and greatest amenities for RVers. So, what is most important to you when you are looking to stay at an RV park?

A reasonable amount of space between sites would be nice -- and a tree or hedge would be wonderful!

Sites with view of southern skies for my wife's DirecTV access (roof mounted). Not all sites necessary,  just mine ::)

Sites that are level. A fenced in dog park. A good website with pictures of the actual sites, not just a bunch of people having a good time around a campfire. A real swimming pool with at least 6ft depth. At 5'8" I stub my toes a lot in 5 ft pools.  :eek:

1. Level sites
2. Wide enough when having slides on both sides that you're not into your neighbor's site
3. No trees where the slides would hit
4. Position the hook-ups together, about 3/4 from the front of the site
5. A fire ring placed where you could actually use it. Not place somewhere, where the heat from it would do damage to the RV, or it too far away
6. A level picnic table, and placed somewhere useful. I'm tried of picking them up and moving them.
7. Strong WiFi
8. Good water pressure
9. Good electric, no surges
10. Cable with more then a handful of channels
11. Large dog park
12. Nice stocked store
13. Friendly staff
14. 6ft deep pool
15. Still thinking

Nice store with good snacks, local souvenirs and reasonably priced RV items.

You should definitely have toilet paper!  Repair items would be good.

Level pull through,sites that are clearly defined.  Yes,you have to work with nature but it's weird when your hookups are in somebody else's space.

Lots of good suggestions all ready,but the website should really give a better idea of site sizes and amenities.

If I am going to an rv park I am not familiar with, I rely heavily on the web site. Alot of good pictures of the actual sites and surroundings. Also a list of what to do in the local area.

You call it an RV Resort. Resort is probably the most misleading term in the industry. I've been to "resorts" that had nothing more than gravel sites in a field with no trees or any facilities.

A resort should be a destination, not an overnight stay off the highway. A clubhouse or recreation hall, swimming pool/hot tub, playground for the kids, organized activities, clean well-maintained grounds and buildings. Level sites with full hookups are a given, with nice landscaping that provide some privacy.

There's nothing wrong with being a campground. The RV Resort label should mean everything gets kicked up a notch.

I called a CG in IN and they told me they were the newest CG in the state and had ALL the amenities.

I guess they don't think all the amenities should include WiFi as there was none - in the middle of nowhere no less.
My brother and I were there.  He forgot his cell phone before the trip and I'm between phones right now - so we had no
connection to the outside world.
Needless to say I have no plans of EVER visiting any campground that doesn't have WiFi included.

A set of LONG pull though's  so that Class A MH's could keep a trailer hooked up. 80-100 feet should do it.
And nothing in the way (boulders, trees, or bushes) when turning into a parking spot.
And no low tree branches to scratch the MH, or trailers coming into the campground anywhere.
And certainly no trees that drop anything sticky or messy.

Multiple trash dumpsters around the campground.

No muddy areas to drive or walk through.

Is your campground already built?  and your looking for ideas to finish it up OR are you in the planning stage yet?
Just read your in the design stage yet.

Well then...

How about an area to wash your RV/MH?
How about an area to do a oil/filter change? and dispose of the used oil and filter etc.

How much money do you have to invest?

How about a roof over parking spots - would help keep the units cooler in the sun and dryer in the rain.

I could think of more - but could you tell us more about what your planning?
How much land do you have to work with?
Is it all flat ground or does it need a lot of work yet?
What part of the country is this going to be in?
Will all roads and parking spots be paved?  Wide enough for 2 large vehicles to pass by each other?
When do you hope to start (break ground) and when do you hope to have it operational?

Do the basic things. I was saying just week, "Do the people that build these camp grounds ever camp?" People will spend thousands of dollars to grade camp sights and have them 12" lower from front to back. Was at a CG about a month ago and had to change camping sites because the first spot had their sewer eight feet behind the MH and there was a large rock that prevented me from backing the MH up any further. Some TT have their sewer drains towards the rear of their units. Most MH have their sewer drains near the middle. The cost would not be that great to have two drain sites if it was done when the park was first constructed. I agree about what others have said about the WIFI sites. Don't advertise WIFI and have one tower 2000 yards away that is not working half the time. Us old folks have a hard time getting down and hooking our water hose up in those boxes that are down in the ground, especially when the connections are close to the side of the box.

I would suggest that you visit other RV Resorts. Don't be too proud to copy other good resorts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom