RV Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Showers with a shelf to put your toiletries on while showering, so we dont have to set them on the floor. Also have the drainage sloped right so that when youre putting your pants on, your not standing in water trying to keep your pantlegs up out of the water.

We are not associated with the Lafittes Cove in Galveston. We are still in the final design stages and have the funding set up already. We have about 15 acres of land with a very large pond already on it.

Most of your comments and recommendations have already been in place it was just nice to hear it come from you all that it is essential to have, so when the partner wants to try and make cuts to things I will have a solid reason to keep it. We will be more of a destination spot. We will be located less than a mile off of Highway 146 between Kemah and Galveston and not too far from Houston.

All of our sites will be large pull through sites that are concreted (and level), with a large area for personal space with a concrete pad for BBQing, picnic table, and a fire pit. The roads will all be concreted and the walking trails and paths will either be concrete or crushed granite. There will be an RV wash station, a propane refilling station, pump station, a some small storage units to rent, a pool, playground, recreation area with beach volleyball, large fenced in dog park, nice and accommodating showers/bathrooms, nice laundry mat, community room/meeting room, office are with a small store, stocked fishing pond, pedal boats to rent/use, and more.... yes free wifi!!

The tips for the shower area have been noted and added to the specks! All of your comments have been taken into consideration as your input is important to a successful RV resort.

Thank you all again for your tips and comments! Feel free to keep them coming!

Personally, I'd rather have the crushed stone over concrete for trails. Concrete is hard enough on young knees and backs, and is murder on some of us that are getting older.

Lafittes Cove said:
We are not associated with the Lafittes Cove in Galveston. We are still in the final design stages and have the funding set up already. We have about 15 acres of land with a very large pond already on it.

Most of your comments and recommendations have already been in place it was just nice to hear it come from you all that it is essential to have, so when the partner wants to try and make cuts to things I will have a solid reason to keep it. We will be more of a destination spot. We will be located less than a mile off of Highway 146 between Kemah and Galveston and not too far from Houston.

All of our sites will be large pull through sites that are concreted (and level), with a large area for personal space with a concrete pad for BBQing, picnic table, and a fire pit. The roads will all be concreted and the walking trails and paths will either be concrete or crushed granite. There will be an RV wash station, a propane refilling station, pump station, a some small storage units to rent, a pool, playground, recreation area with beach volleyball, large fenced in dog park, nice and accommodating showers/bathrooms, nice laundry mat, community room/meeting room, office are with a small store, stocked fishing pond, pedal boats to rent/use, and more.... yes free wifi!!

The tips for the shower area have been noted and added to the specks! All of your comments have been taken into consideration as your input is important to a successful RV resort.

Thank you all again for your tips and comments! Feel free to keep them coming!

Thanks for the info.

About the only thing I didn't see answered is, WHEN do you think it will be operational?

Ditto on when operational...Galveston area is one of our repeat visiting locations.

Have your sewage drops level with the ground. On my MH. With the air out of the bags, and MH is leveled. I almost sit on the ground. My sewage hose comes out of the bottom of the bin. So if the drop is too high. I have problems.

We spent about week here this summer. You should check it out.

http://qualityrvresorts.com/resort/lakeview-rv-resort/

Pugapooh said:
You should definitely have toilet paper!  Repair items would be good.

Level pull through,sites that are clearly defined.  Yes,you have to work with nature but it's weird when your hookups are in somebody else's space.

Lots of good suggestions all ready,but the website should really give a better idea of site sizes and amenities.

Ditto on toilet paper!!  ;D

free wifi not enough, usable signal and bandwidth is necessary
although maybe not as much of a big deal if you are in a good cell phone coverage area.
If cell coverage not good, a cell repeater might be a nice thing for some folks

views, green space, hedge or natural screening and space between sites, and shade are all important to me.

If a site has a view, a nice thing we experienced once in the mountains was a finished covered deck instead of a patio on the awning side, complete with a porch swing looking out over the mountain creek.  There was even a screened portion of it with picnic table inside (although we never went in there except to check it out)

I would like to know if you are having a 10 year policy on age of RVs, if so you already lost one customer. Mine is a 1998 model,but in nice shape. I won't even try to get a reservation on a park with a year limit and there are thousands more of us out there.

A pool that is unheated (84? is about right) is not really useable. There are a number of "Resorts" that we have visited once and won't return to because of this shortcoming.

Ernie

I hate to say it, but no children in the pool endlessly playing "Marco Polo".

Or at least some adult only hours!

Several have mentioned it already, but have good, strong Wi-Fi at the sites.  Most parks these days advertise Wi-Fi, but it appears to me it frequently means Wi-Fi at the office.  I try to write reviews of the parks I stay in.  When I do I almost always comment on the Wi-Fi.   

Late but here are several thing That would be best.  Currently a lot of campgrounds are installing all of there utilities on one pad, sometimes a small one.  Keep the sewer dump away from the water fill as too many people are not careful when they remove their sewer hose.  A potential health hazard.  Keep the sewer connections as close to the groundate tight te front of backins.  The longer units need more room to navigate sharp turns.

WIFI. Like, actual useable strong signal wifi from this century.  Not just in the club house or the laundry room, not just "in the front spots". All over. It's not expensive to install additional routers and whatever company you use to set up service will come and do it for you. It will pay for itself because people will legit stay there longer enjoying wifi. I know I would.

And a little store. I'm a sucker for campgrounds with little stores for snacks and necessities and knicknacks. It's a great place to trade off advertising space with local businesses too.

Since the OP hasn't replied since Nov 14 2016 I wonder if they are looking at any more "Tips" that we are providing.

RedandSilver said:
Since the OP hasn't replied since Nov 14 2016 I wonder if they are looking at any more "Tips" that we are providing.

Probably got overwhelmed by all the demands lol

Ron2012 said:
I would like to know if you are having a 10 year policy on age of RVs, if so you already lost one customer. Mine is a 1998 model,but in nice shape. I won't even try to get a reservation on a park with a year limit and there are thousands more of us out there.

I second this

Back
Top Bottom