From Tx to Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dennis/peggy

Hello, has anyone made the trip from South Central Texas to the area of Granby Lake Colorado. We are new host there and will be leaving here on April 24th and going that way.  Would love any advice and need to know how to avoid many of those big inclines, if possible not to steep.
thanks for any and all help
Dennis & Peggy

Dennis & Peggy,

Too bad you weren't able to attended the forum rally's at Estes Park in the 90's! That way you'd be aware that as 'flatlanders' the only way to Granby is from the south taking I-70 west from Denver and going through Winter Park and over Berthod Pass to get you there.

Or take it farther west to CO 9, go north to Kremiling and come in from the west. Either way you've some of the most beautiful, highest passes in the west ot go over and enjoy. Get a Trucker's  Guide for the mountain passes and highways, take it slow and enjoy! You will never forget this summer.

The flattest way to Denver & I-70 is to go north on I-35 from Austin to Wichata KS, then up to salina and turn left on I-70 toDenver. ;D

;D  My problem is I am afraid of heights!  I am not as bad as I was before this motor home.  When we bought it we were in Calif. and did the take poss. out of Calif. We took it in NV. then my husband had to go back to work so I had to keep it out of Calif. for three months at that time. So I drove up through Nv. To a corner of Calif. into Oregon then over to 101, I had never driven anthing that big or tall, over such roads as  the 101 yikes  had talk my self into it quite a few times like on the 101 in oregon or going from Oregon to Wa "that Bridge" oh my.  But after my trip  up to Wa when it was time to come  back I drove hwy 5 Wow what a difference. But I felt like I had concored the world until now ha ha. Well we will see.  But would like to take it the lowest route possible until we get there then explore the sights in our nice little Jeep liberty I feel  better with 4 WD and car level to start.
thanks for your help Bob
Peggy

Peggy, are you telling us that Dennis fluncked retirement 101?  Better send him over to Fred for re-training. ;D ;D

What kind of motorhome did you end up getting?  Would like to see a photo.

As for driving in Colorado just watch the weather and take it easy.  Like Sam says its a piece of cake.

Hi Dennis and Peggy. You'll have to take I-70 from Denver then US 40 through Winter Park to get to Granby Lake. It's a good climb but there are no shear dropoffs to spook an acrophobe. Drive slow, check the weather before you leave and enjoy the incredible scenery. And welcome to Colorado where we're still waiting for our usual big spring snowstorm !!

Wendy
Cortez Colorado

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom