Programing TV to air antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2011winnie

2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31JP  Trying to get the TV to work on the air antenna. Did the scan thing, checked the right TV button, booster is on, 12 volts going to antenna via coaxial, bought new Winegard antenna.....still no channels being picked up. My other TT TV works fine in same location.  Any ideas?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

2011winnie said:
2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31JP  Trying to get the TV to work on the air antenna. Did the scan thing, checked the right TV button, booster is on, 12 volts going to antenna via coaxial, bought new Winegard antenna.....still no channels being picked up. My other TT TV works fine in same location.  Any ideas?
On the TV before you did the scan for stations did you change from "cable" to "antenna" I think it is in input. I know on my tv it is before you scroll down to the scan.
Bill

WILDEBILL308 said:
On the TV before you did the scan for stations did you change from "cable" to "antenna" I think it is in input. I know on my tv it is before you scroll down to the scan.
Bill

I have a Vizio. I have to click the menu button on the remote, then scroll down to TV then there's an option for tuner mode. Either cable or antenna.

After choosing either Antenna or Cable there should be an Automatic Programming function.  Did it get to that?  Without that you won't get any stations.

ArdraF

2011winnie said:
Sorry for the late reply....I think this is one for the Gremlin inspectors....
what about all the questions asked above?

Jeff,

I tried it all....lol  It's gotta be something so simple that I've missed or something too complicated for me.  :)

Finally had the time to work on this. I used a second TV to rule out some things. I traded off coaxial connections from the BOMB to this TV. Everything worked using the second TV, I was able to get as many as 22 channels. I then hooked up the factory installed TV again and it still wouldn't pick up any channels. I'm going to replace the factory installed TV with a new one.

I can't say I understand why the original TV won't pick up any channels, but hopefully a new TV will solve the problem.

2011winnie said:
Finally had the time to work on this. I used a second TV to rule out some things. I traded off coaxial connections from the BOMB to this TV. Everything worked using the second TV, I was able to get as many as 22 channels. I then hooked up the factory installed TV again and it still wouldn't pick up any channels. I'm going to replace the factory installed TV with a new one.

I can't say I understand why the original TV won't pick up any channels, but hopefully a new TV will solve the problem.
A TV that old may not be able to receive digital broadcast without a converter box. My first LCD TV couldn't receive over the air channels after they made the change with out a converter box. 

92GA said:
A TV that old may not be able to receive digital broadcast without a converter box. My first LCD TV couldn't receive over the air channels after they made the change with out a converter box.
2011 is "that old" already? Man, I better start looking at trading in! :)

If it does, it will be purely serendipity.  The chance that the tuner has failed on a 5 year old tv is extremely thin. Not inconceivable, but waaaay unlikley.

The problem is 99.99% likely to be in the set-up of TV or its cabling. Even if the tv is in "cable" mode rather than "antenna" or "air", it should find at least a couple of those 22 stations the other tv gets.  It does need to be in a digital tuning mode, though. If it is trying to do analog, it probably won't get anything from today's over-the-air (antenna) broadcasts.

What make & model tv is it?  Does this tv work with other inputs, e.g. a DVD or park cable?

Gary [ RVer Emeritus] said:
If it does, it will be purely serendipity.  The chance that the tuner has failed on a 5 year old tv is extremely thin. Not inconceivable, but waaaay unlikley.

The problem is 99.99% likely to be in the set-up of TV or its cabling. Even if the tv is in "cable" mode rather than "antenna" or "air", it should find at least a couple of those 22 stations the other tv gets.  It does need to be in a digital tuning mode, though. If it is trying to do analog, it probably won't get anything from today's over-the-air (antenna) broadcasts.

What make & model tv is it?  Does this tv work with other inputs, e.g. a DVD or park cable?

What Gary asked & said, And...

You could go thru the Menu and find the system/master "Reset" feature (?)to reset everything back to Factory defaults. Then start from scratch on all the settings and inputs ?

I go with Gary's 99.99% theory.

Yea, If this was an 8 trac in a 1974 Chevy I'd be all over it...lol

I think the TV should work too. It was set to "air" when I checked it out.
It does work with the DVD, I haven't had it connected to cable yet.
I'll check and see it there is some sort of "reset" for it.
The TV is a Jensen 19", not sure of the model. It is a package set up with DVD and coach radio.

I'll have to take it down to replace it so it should be easier to get to. If I find that it works, I'll put it back up and use the new one in the bedroom.

Hi Winnie2011! We bought a 'lightly used 2011 Access Premium 31NP in December of 2015. Somewhat surprised at some of your information. Took us several trips before we really got the hang of our entertainment system. First, our front TV is a 32" Furion. The bedroom set is a 19" Furion. If the BOMB is set to Antenna for the TV, and the switches are correct, and you go to menu on the TV, tell it to scan it should show something. (We learned on the third trip that the turning around three times and casting last nights chicken bones wasn't really necessary.)

Obviously you've already tried all of the above. Just making sure we are on the same page.

Have you physically removed the TV?

I removed ours (what a PITA!) to set it up for satellite. And have a little better idea as to what goes where. Does yours look like this?

Attachments

• 32422117885_507c1428fd_o.jpg
    32422117885_507c1428fd_o.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 23
2011winnie said:
Yea, If this was an 8 trac in a 1974 Chevy I'd be all over it...lol

I think the TV should work too. It was set to "air" when I checked it out.
It does work with the DVD, I haven't had it connected to cable yet.
I'll check and see it there is some sort of "reset" for it.
The TV is a Jensen 19", not sure of the model. It is a package set up with DVD and coach radio.

I'll have to take it down to replace it so it should be easier to get to. If I find that it works, I'll put it back up and use the new one in the bedroom.
so throughout all of this have you been able to screw another external antenna directly into the TV itself? I'm not a big fan of Jensen, but these days dead electronics in TV's are somewhat rare. If that works you can at least go back to the antenna

Back
Top Bottom