Programing TV to air antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Furion is not a highly regarded brand, the TV could be toast,  but it's also likely to be the BOMB.  Try swapping the output being used by the back TV with the front and scan again. 

Starting to see Furion everywhere in RVs (first sign that it is a cheap brand :)).  I saw Furion on the new cooktops and ovens, back up cameras, and I think even awnings.  Furion must be the new LCI or else LCI owns Furion.

John Canfield said:
Get rid of the tube TV and save about 20-50 pounds!

I know what you're saying. But the stupid thing still works great. An old AC/DC 13"er. Small screen, I know. I have to squint a bit to read the small print when watching the weather.
And I'm a permanent park. Don't care about the extra weight.
Kind of a testament to the old saying "They don't make 'em like they used to."

UPDATE    The Jensen TV seems to be the problem. I tried another TV and it worked great!  I went to install the new TV, but I found out there are not the same amount of plug ins in the new TV as the Jensen has. Another minor setback/headache. I bought a splitter that will work for the new TV.  The new TV does not mount up to the mount as the Jensen did. I have to make some adjustments with spacers and brackets....yeash.  For now the Jensen can stay, I added another coaxial lead to the TV3. If I need to use the "air" antennae I just use the new TV hooked to TV3.  Campgrounds almost always have cable anyways.  What a trip for something that should have been simple....lol

Glad you found the problem, thanks for checking back in!

I've been toying with the idea of replacing my Hitachi flat panel in the Horizon's salon for an LED backlight model (much lighter, less energy) but that might require more carpentry - that's the issue of building cabinetry around a particular model of TV.

denmarc said:
I know what you're saying. But the stupid thing still works great. An old AC/DC 13"er. Small screen, I know. I have to squint a bit to read the small print when watching the weather.
And I'm a permanent park. Don't care about the extra weight.
Kind of a testament to the old saying "They don't make 'em like they used to."
No they make them much better. With prices falling you can get a nice hi def GIANT screen(compared to the 13") that you can actually see the weather report on.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-24-class-23-6-diag--led-720p-hdtv-black/4569901.p?skuId=4569901
$89.00 not 3D or Hi def but a step up.
I know you might have space limitations so here is anouther smaller TV.
http://www.consumerreports.org/products/lcd-led-oled-tvs/samsung-un28h4000-259830/overview/ From around $160.00
Next as an example having a movie theater in your home.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-40-class-40-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range-black/5133600.p?skuId=5133600
$549.00 You can see  the dimples on the weather girl....
Bill

Yep, there are ZERO advantages in an old CRT anymore. The world has gone digital and those things are just dinosaurs that simply don't work without a converter box, but they still look awful. Geeeze, you can find 19-22" flat screen receivers in sale for $50 all the time now. You might actually save your eyes while you're at it. We ain't going back, ever... so move on

2011winnie said:
UPDATE    The Jensen TV seems to be the problem. I tried another TV and it worked great!  I went to install the new TV, but I found out there are not the same amount of plug ins in the new TV as the Jensen has. Another minor setback/headache. I bought a splitter that will work for the new TV.  The new TV does not mount up to the mount as the Jensen did. I have to make some adjustments with spacers and brackets....yeash.  For now the Jensen can stay, I added another coaxial lead to the TV3. If I need to use the "air" antennae I just use the new TV hooked to TV3.  Campgrounds almost always have cable anyways.  What a trip for something that should have been simple....lol

That's great!

John Canfield said:
Get rid of the tube TV and save about 20-50 pounds!

Ahh.. Memory Lane:

1 5r ago, I upgraded to a 32" Visio Flat Screen... from a 26"(?) Sony Trinitron (CRT). It was ALL my neighbor and I could do.. to heft that thing out of the RV cabinetry, and out of the rig (drug it on an old rug)and into my pick-up, that I had backed up to the rig door.

When we got to the E-waste site.. we just rolled it off the tailgate. When it hit the ground.. it left a gouge in the asphalt ! The E-waste guys had forklift.. gave us a hand loading/dumping it into their bin. No Way could we have lifted that thing to the bin door.

I think I got 1, maybe 2 MPG's more.. after doing that Up-Grade ???  ;) ;D

SCVJeff said:
Yep, there are ZERO advantages in an old CRT anymore.

I know! I get it!
The only thing that has put it on the back burner for me is the darn thing still works fine. And being out in the woods with no sat or cable, only terrestrial TV, old episodes of I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show look the same on almost any TV in the middle of the night.  ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Call me old fashion!
I still have an old Westinghouse fridge in my garage that's over 25 years old that keeps our beer and soda cold. Works like it was built yesterday. Am I going to update? HELL NO!  ;)

Well if that's all your watching then it might not make sense. But anything not in a 4:3 ratio will never look right

denmarc said:
...I still have an old Westinghouse fridge in my garage that's over 25 years old that keeps our beer and soda cold. Works like it was built yesterday. Am I going to update? ...
Those old fridges are huge energy wasters, it might still work, but it's terribly inefficient.

I know, John. But it's in the garage at the stick & brick home. And it was given to me for free! I've had it for about 10 years and still works perfectly. It's unplugged during the winter. It's no big deal. It just comes in real handy for keeping the adult beverage, cases of bottled water, pop, etc. cold and ready to bring to the TT for stay.

It just amazes me that the old fridge just won't die!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom