Thoughts on KZ Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2b1ask1

We are looking to purchase our first travel trailer and had not previously considered KZ until we walked a floor plan that we really like...and no one else has.  Not many dealers around us carry KZ, as compared to the plethora of Forest River and Keystone products out there, so we aren't too sure about the quality of construction, etc.  From their website, it appears as if the Connect line (of which this floor plan belongs), is a hybrid of wood and aluminum framing with the smooth siding.

Is there anyone who can provide personal, knowledgeable, first-hand input to us on KZ quality, comparative construction, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

I own a KZ brand toy hauler.  To me, the quality is on par with other mid-range brands.  It's going on 10 years old and is holding together very well.  I have not had any major malfunctions in the 18 months that I've owned it and there wasn't any major issues to speak of in the maintenance binder that the original owner gave me.

On my second KZ. No issues at delivery on either, have held up well, only had one issue on my first one (MXT Toyhauler) where the ramp developed a bubble and KZ replaced the ramp at nearly the 2 year mark. The first one was a KZ build before THOR bought them, the second one after. Some of the little things I didn't like much in the first one (just some design and hardware components) they had upgraded in my current one, MXT2920.

Looking at a KZ connect myself.  Wife and I also found a pretty unique floorplan from them that we like.  Found a little bit of info, mostly positive but a few negatives concerning a frame change.  I emailed them to inquire about the frames but have not heard anything.  I'll be watching this thread to see what comes up and add anything i find.

We had a 2015 KZ 24' toy hauler TT, an aluminum side job. Nothing fancy but very satisfactory-- no problems in a year and a half of use. Solid little bugger. We sold it and bought a class A but not because of dissatisfaction with the KZ.

We purchased a KZ Sportsmen classic 19BH and it's been a great unit so far. It is not one of the higher end units but it's comfortable and easy to upgrade and tinker on as needed.

kz and keystone are Thor and the same operating company

https://www.thorindustries.com/get-to-know-us/meet-the-companies/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom