Repairing Trailer Interior Ceiling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwtinyhouser

So I recently got a 1990 5th wheel trailer that I'm now in the process of remodeling. I've gutted most of it and so far found only a couple spots where water got in. Two spots on the back corners that I should be able to seal and I've already pulled out the rotten wood. There is a spot above the bathroom skylight where rain is leaking through. The ceiling panels there are wet and will need to be replaced.

The problem is I don't know how to get the darn things out. They are loosely held in place by plastic I-shaped hangers. I've looked around the internet and haven't seen anything like this. I'll post some pictures below. What is the best way to take these out so I can replace them? I have no idea how the I-hangers are attached, but they're in there good and the plastic is super tough and inflexible. I don't want to do something I can't undo. Any tips or advice helps, thanks.

Here are the links to the pictures: First is the I-beam holder. Sorry it's so blurry you can still see what I'm talking about. The I-shaped hanger is in the middle with the damaged ceiling panel on either side.

Second picture shows the ceiling panels from inside. My plan is to pull of the carpet and resurface and paint the the good ceiling panels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom