Fulltime RV internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oregonjaf

So, I was at Camping World and was told by an equally ignorant store clerk (Me also!) that Satellite internet was coming very soon. She had no other information other than that and that she was going to a "Class" on it in a few days. All I want, like every single one of you guys is online reliably everywhere, fast and inexpensive?

Anyone have information on this "new next thing"? Or was the clerk talking out of her butt?

I'm voting for the "butt" choice.  ;D

If you REALLY want to know all the choices available for internet connections while on the road, you need to stay connected to Chris and Shere via their website (https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/) or FB page (https://www.facebook.com/rvmirc).

Personally, I bought into an unlimited Verizon service for $120/month (found him on eBay) and have been thrilled with the service for the last 15 months (is actually more reliable than was my service at my S&B house when I had one). Heard rumors elsewhere that Verizon has figured out that not all unlimited "business" accounts are actually what they meant them to be, so it's possible my days of being thrilled are numbered, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm currently using a $70/mo unlimited 4G/LTE data plan from Mobil Solutions using AT&T towers on a Netgear "Unite" hotspot. I also have a $10/mo unlimited 3G Verizon Jetpack plan, also from Mobil Solutions, for those rare locations where there's no AT&T service. To maximize our cell signals, we have a Maximum Signal "Max-Amp RV" amplifier/repeater installed in our motorhome. We haven't been anywhere yet that we haven't had a reliable signal with good data speeds, including sites where others had no signal or a very poor signal at best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom