2004 Clipper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srmfsr

I recently bought this pup.. It is in great shape but it had a hand pump. So I replaced it with a 12v Shurflow and a regular faucet. Everything works as should, but I have a question about the reverse polarity fuse.  Now I'm a retired industrial electrician, consider my self intelligent, but this thing has me buffaloed. My pump runs about half speed with the fuse in and strong with it out. Obviously this camper is used but my manual does not show me enough wiring for me to determine how this happening.
The manual does show internal wiring for me to know why the pumps runs hald speed. The furnace works good and I can't tell any difference with it in or out. I picked up power at fridge because it was closest to where I mounted the pump.
Any help would be greatly appppreciated. Right now I'm leaving fuse out. The camper is at deer camp and this is the first trip it has been on. The reason I noticed this is I am dry camping, no power, and I noticed the battery that came with it was getting low so I took anoth one down and in changing I noticed a faint spark when I hooked the positive up. I went looking and found with that fuse out no spark. So I left it out to keep from draining battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom