Changed out dinette for a recliner couch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badlands Bob

We have a Winnebago 2201DS and we find that the dinette was very uncomfortable to watch TV from in the evenings.  We rarely set it up as a table so we decided to make things a little more comfortable.  The cordless screwdriver made short work of the dinette and I had to secure one 12 volt wire at the edge of the slide platform.  After the third furnature store, we found a recliner sofa with removable backs (so it would fit thru the door) and it had to be a wall hugger model.  The wife insisted on the correct color which added one additional store.  We're pretty pleased with the outcome. 

Attachments

• IMG_0018 (2).JPG
    IMG_0018 (2).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 168
that worked out well.
I'd consider putting one of those sockets in the floor for a pedestal mounted table.... or maybe better yet a small storage ottoman that could sit right in front of that middle seat and function as a coffee table.

There are some free standing tables with adjustable height that we might incorporate into this setup.  We'll take it camping an a couple of weeks and see how it works.  Nothing like field testing.  Right now, we are pretty pleased with the sitting, lounging, napping improvement.

Can I ask which store you got it at? Also, how long is that couch? We are thinking of replacing our couch with a reclining couch.

We found it at Rooms To Go in Buford, Ga.  It's 82" long.  Our slide is 85" wide so I have enough room to reach the recliner releases on each end.

Back
Top Bottom