Farthest Mini Rally Ever ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve N Dee

I believe we held the most remote mini rally ever, some 10,000 miles from the USA.  Jan and Olga hosted Steve and Dee at their home in Sydney, Australia.  As usual, a good time was had by all, accompanied by good food and friendship.  Were it not for this forum, we would have never become such fabulous friends.  We cannot thank them enough for inviting us to their home.

Cheers,

Steve and Dee

Attachments

• jan house.jpg
    jan house.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 77
  • harbour bridge.jpg
    harbour bridge.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 68
  • opera house.jpg
    opera house.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 64
  • mini rally dinner.jpg
    mini rally dinner.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 63
  • jan's bbq.jpg
    jan's bbq.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 59
  • our farewell dinner.jpg
    our farewell dinner.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 63
  • pavlova.jpg
    pavlova.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 60
  • rally hosts.jpg
    rally hosts.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 69
Looks like great fun with great people.  Glad you guys were able to spend some time together down under.

Mike.

One of our favorite cities with some really great people!  Glad you were able to get some time off, Steve.  The Pavlova photo makes my mouth water.  I've wasted a lot of eggs learning how to make Pavlova.  :eek:  The Aussies know how to make desserts....

ArdraF

Thanks for the report and the photos. It's always great to see these mini rallies in distant places.

Chris and I previously had a mini rally in California with a prior forum member from New Zealand, but I'd need to search for the photo.

I'm soooooooooo jealous! I'd love to see Australia sometime in my lifetime. I'd really like to visit Alice Springs. Glad you folks had a great time!!

Hi Steve & Dee, Jan & Olga,

Thanks for the post & pics. Australia is definitely in our bucket list, great to see fellow forum members meeting there.

Cheers,
Vall & Mo

Excellent photos.

But where is the one with their RV?  ;D

Looks like you had a great time.

In 2014 there was a mini-rally in Afghanistan which "may" qualify for farthest, depending on where you measure from.  See http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,78514.msg711763.html#msg711763

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
In 2014 there was a mini-rally in Afghanistan which "may" qualify for farthest, depending on where you measure from.  See http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,78514.msg711763.html#msg711763

ArdraF

Well, My thoughts on that go three different ways, 1) Being Tom is the Administrator of the site, starting point could be his home. 2) I could come off as an arrogant U.S. citizen and use Chapman Kansas being it's the center of the continental U.S. That wouldn't consider the other countries represented by their members here. 3) Use the starting point of the traveling member to the location of the rally using the shortest route to the rally.  My vote would be option 3. :)

It's always great to see forum members meet at remote locations, and even better when they document the meeting with photos. There are numerous stories about 'mini rallies' in our forum topics/messages, and the subject of this topic was a great addition. Having the RV along isn't a necessity for folks to have a good time.

We were met dockside by forum staffer Carl Lundquist and his wife Cindy when we cruised down the Pacific coast and into Marina Del Rey on our boat. We were also met dockside by forum members when a commercial cruise ship stopped at Cabo San Lucas. UK-based forum members Terry and Liliane Nathan took an 'around the world' trip aboard a cargo ship, and were met by long time forum member Ian Loxton when they docked at an Australian port.

Back
Top Bottom