Location of Slide Controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul M

Can someone tell me the location of the front (living area) slide controller on a 2014 Vista 35F?  I found the one for the rear (bedroom) slide on the ceiling of the storage compartment below the slide but no sign of the front one.  I'm just getting familiar with this rig and I'd like to know in case of trouble with the slide operation.

Appreciate any suggestions of where to look.

Paul

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

I would recommend downloading the wiring diagrams. Would expect the controller to be in the storage area also, opposite side.

i think that there is a sort of generic answer to your question for Winnebago coaches. Winn power the slides from the chassis batteries. The controller is likely co-located with the breakers for other heavy circuits powered by the chassis batteries. On my Journey, all the low power automotive circuitry is in the cabinet below  the drivers seat. The breakers for the heavy loads on the chassis batteries such as the slides and jacks are located behind the ds rear axle along with the inverter.  The two controllers on my coach were behind the panel holding the chassis breakers and required removing most of that panel to access them. I assume you have located them but thought this might be helpful for others. I had to call Winnebago to locate mine but the fellow took the time to explain where they were and why. Good luck,

Thanks for the suggestions.  Coach is currently in winter storage so I don't have access to it.  I will investigate further in the spring.  I assumed (never a good idea!) that both slide controllers would be reasonably easy to access in the event it was necessary to trouble shoot or override a fault code to manually operate a slide.

Just a quick update.  I contacted Winnebago and they provided a detailed response and diagram showing the location.  It is behind a metal access panel on the right in the second storage bay behind the driver's side front wheel.

I have found Winnebago very prompt and helpful with any questions or problems that I have brought to their attention.

Paul M said:
..I have found Winnebago very prompt and helpful with any questions or problems that I have brought to their attention.
The guys in Owner Relations on the phones (and email) are quite good, most of them started out on the assembly line and are very familiar with the product.

Back
Top Bottom