EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 40 American towns You Haven't Heard of But Should Visit ASAP.  (Read 1362 times)

garyb1st

• ---
40 American towns You Haven't Heard of But Should Visit ASAP.
« on: November 20, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »
Here's the link.  http://www.countryliving.com/life/travel/g3557/small-american-town-destinations/?src=arb_fb_d&mag=clv&dom=fb

There's some duplication from the last one I posted but unless memory fails (very possible), this is a different list.    For me, this is another example of why RVing surpasses every other mode of travel.  Bon Voyage. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Tom and Margi

• ---
Re: 40 American towns You Haven't Heard of But Should Visit ASAP.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »
We managed to visit ten of them before we hung up our keys.

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »
Margi, if I recall, you traveled for a long time.  Amazing country we have.  Sure wish I started as soon as I retired.  That's a challenge with a younger bride.  Still have had an amazing time these past 8 years and hope to be able to do so for another 10 to 20 years.  Heck, I'll only be 93 years old in 2033.   ;)
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

StephenM

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 01:50:34 PM »
Good to see my adopted state of Michigan get a mention.

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:23:18 PM »
Margi, if I recall, you traveled for a long time. 

We traveled some until we sold our house in 1997.  We were full time until 2007 and traveled just a little after that.  We certainly enjoyed those years!  ;D

Dream Chasers

• ---
  • Be Brave - Take Risks - Nothing Beats Experience
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 06:00:04 PM »
We just returned from spending 2 nights in Cedar Key, FL. The building and the wooden pier in the picture in the list were destroyed by Hurricane Hermine on Sept 2nd. Lots of buildings still not repaired yet. We stayed at the Low Key Hideaway. 3 RV spots and 5 hotel rooms. They hed 30" of water in the hotel. Took 10 weeks to rebuild and open 4 of the 5 rooms. Owners now working on their personal living space, then they will finish the last room. The Tiki Bar survived the storm.
Sheryl & Bobby and Roxie the Yorkie
Polk City, Florida
2015 Forest River Berkshire 34QS
2011 Honda CRV SE

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
We bought our first RV in 1998 and over the next 16 years, until we sold our second coach, we traveled over 180,000 miles, drove thru every State in the Union but one, every Canadian Province and half the Territories and all of the northern Mexican states. Maybe that's why we sold the coach, I was getting tired of driving :) . We'd generally leave the heat of Phoenix in the spring to go to the Moab Rally and return home in the fall. That route alone was a breathtaking adventure each year. US and state highways were our routes of choice, we wandered thru many American towns that nobody ever heard of. Have you seen the Corn Palace, Falling Waters, Mississippi River Locks, etc.? While I could identify 16 towns on the list that we had been thru, there may been more. More than once, we spent over two months driving north from CA to the WA border, just spending time in small, out of the way places seeing all the lighthouses and oyster farms. Our only requirement for them was to have a Farmers' Market. We had the luxury of being retired during this period of time and could relax and drive at scenic centric pace rather than how fast can we get to our destination missing all there was to see along the way.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

dave54

• ---
  • Old guy. Loves being outdoors
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 01:22:35 PM »
I have been to six on that list.
I never get lost.  I just have unplanned adventures.

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 04:04:31 PM »
I have hit 12 on the list, some neat places.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »
Folks.... Skip Lanesboro, MN.  (#11)
Yes... It's the B&B capital of MN. I'll prefer to stay in my rig thank you.
Not much to do there.  :o
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

GA_Boy

• ---
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »
The link didn't work for me. I'm curious since we were on the road from
'86 to '05.  We still travel/camp/RV but have a home now. Maybe we have been to some.
Marvin

Hosted by Over The Network