40 American towns You Haven't Heard of But Should Visit ASAP.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Here's the link.  http://www.countryliving.com/life/travel/g3557/small-american-town-destinations/?src=arb_fb_d&mag=clv&dom=fb

There's some duplication from the last one I posted but unless memory fails (very possible), this is a different list.    For me, this is another example of why RVing surpasses every other mode of travel.  Bon Voyage. 

Margi, if I recall, you traveled for a long time.  Amazing country we have.  Sure wish I started as soon as I retired.  That's a challenge with a younger bride.  Still have had an amazing time these past 8 years and hope to be able to do so for another 10 to 20 years.  Heck, I'll only be 93 years old in 2033.  ;)

garyb1st said:
Margi, if I recall, you traveled for a long time. 

We traveled some until we sold our house in 1997.  We were full time until 2007 and traveled just a little after that.  We certainly enjoyed those years!  ;D

We just returned from spending 2 nights in Cedar Key, FL. The building and the wooden pier in the picture in the list were destroyed by Hurricane Hermine on Sept 2nd. Lots of buildings still not repaired yet. We stayed at the Low Key Hideaway. 3 RV spots and 5 hotel rooms. They hed 30" of water in the hotel. Took 10 weeks to rebuild and open 4 of the 5 rooms. Owners now working on their personal living space, then they will finish the last room. The Tiki Bar survived the storm.

We bought our first RV in 1998 and over the next 16 years, until we sold our second coach, we traveled over 180,000 miles, drove thru every State in the Union but one, every Canadian Province and half the Territories and all of the northern Mexican states. Maybe that's why we sold the coach, I was getting tired of driving :) . We'd generally leave the heat of Phoenix in the spring to go to the Moab Rally and return home in the fall. That route alone was a breathtaking adventure each year. US and state highways were our routes of choice, we wandered thru many American towns that nobody ever heard of. Have you seen the Corn Palace, Falling Waters, Mississippi River Locks, etc.? While I could identify 16 towns on the list that we had been thru, there may been more. More than once, we spent over two months driving north from CA to the WA border, just spending time in small, out of the way places seeing all the lighthouses and oyster farms. Our only requirement for them was to have a Farmers' Market. We had the luxury of being retired during this period of time and could relax and drive at scenic centric pace rather than how fast can we get to our destination missing all there was to see along the way.

The link didn't work for me. I'm curious since we were on the road from
'86 to '05.  We still travel/camp/RV but have a home now. Maybe we have been to some.
Marvin

Back
Top Bottom