New WiFiRanger dual band routers 802.11ac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docj

For anyone looking for a Christmas present for their special geek, WiFiRanger is introducing its new line of 802.11ac dual band routers. Pre-sales begin tomorrow evening (11/23) and will continue through 12/5 when shipments will begin. Sales through 12/5 are eligible for a 10% discount using the coupon code TIMEFORAC. Orders can be placed on the WiFiRanger website.

I've been Beta-testing one of the new dual band routers for the past couple of months. It's a very impressive device with incredibly high throughput. I have several devices capable of using its 5GHz broadcast; the rest of my hardware connects to it at 2.4GHz.

I hope the moderators will let this post remain for information.  I do not receive any commission or other compensation from orders placed.

I've been waiting for that, thanks for the update.

I also notice that Pepwave is just starting to ship a router that looks, at least on the surface, to be very similar but about half the price.

Really curious what the difference is and if anyone has a preference for either one?  With that much range in price I know there has to be something different but I'm not seeing it.

http://www.peplink.com/products/pepwave-surf-soho-specs/

I don't have any personal experience with the Pepwave, so I can't comment on its performance but it's a very well respected company.  WiFiRanger's line of routers are designed to be essentially plug and play and can readily be used by average RVers with no technical experience. 

The difference between routers isn't always which will get a signal at the longest distance; the practical difference often boils down to which one is easy enough to use that it actually gets used on a regular basis by average RVers.  WiFiRanger routers are now OEM equipment on a large number of mass market RVs.  The manufacturers who have selected WFR believe it is a product their customers can and will use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom