Thor ACE 30.1 Heating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvsapwood

I own a 2014 ACE 30.1 and I'm using it for temporary living while our house is being built. All was well during the warmer months, but now we're getting into the winter season and things are getting cold. Because our ACE is parked in my in-laws driveway up on a mountain, I'm not to keen on having to move the RV to dump and refill propane tanks all the time.

I've bought a "portable holding tank" to allow me to empty the black tank (of which we only use to pee at night since we have an actual bathroom in the house) without having to move the RV; and I've bought the "extend a stay" to allow me to hook up a propane tank (the kind used for gas grills). I've also bought two electric heaters for inside the cabin of the RV.

I like not having to use the propane as little as possible; it gets expensive having to replace that tank every 3 days for heat in the RV. So I use the electric heaters all the time, which I have to be careful about how much current I'm drawing as it's only a 30 AMP service (each heater draws 12.5amps). However, the problem is that the heat is not getting from the cabin down to the holding tank areas. So I'm thinking of getting some tank heaters (pads); which I imagine will also be drawing a good amount of amperage.

So, my question is in two parts:

1. What is the best holding tank heating pads to use for an ACE 30.1 (2014)
2. Is it possible to upgrade from 30amps to 50amps to help with the additional draw?

Thanks for any input/suggestions in advance. :)

Back
Top Bottom