New Remodel Start to Finish - Total Beginner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The U shape dinette can be a cozy fun couch and table area. But I can see that huge table is a pain in the elbow.

It's probably there to convert the dinette to a big bed.

Dump the table.

There is an RV type table that folds up to make a coffee table or work table or magazine rack. Rather cool idea.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053J5E90/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1C6T90UH01EMT&coliid=IGRS7O98J450P&linkCode=ll1&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=4eb7af14f6e903ad3fd2da83f12b70e7

Attachments

• folding rv table adjustable height_Picture.jpg
    folding rv table adjustable height_Picture.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 23
Here's a quick update of what I've been working on today, refinishing the tub:

Attachments

• TubBeforeAndAfter_SM.jpg
    TubBeforeAndAfter_SM.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 101
New video in which I talk about the new floor and some other updates:

https://youtu.be/kbJuuCuLnm4

I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

You're doing a great job and have a great attitude!  And having Papa there to help is a big plus.  Keep at it, you'll be able to enjoy it soon.  Happy trails!  :D ;)

Your TT is almost identical to mine, just a different name.

Not surprisingly had many of the same issues.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,94759.0.html

Keep plugging away!

Update:

Here's the full video for refinishing the tub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6OSzM7a_Q0

Here what else is going on:

1. I refinished a shelf today, that will be a nice video. Also shelf paper is a pain in the ass.

2. So back when we first began I decided that I wanted to remove that....headboard area thing to make more space. What better idea to do this than just by cutting things apart willy nilly? Well, it turns out the middle of that headboard houses my propane tanks. Then we had to deal with the floor.

Now we're back on the headboard and are converting it into a long shelf with a hinge desk. What to do with that gross area on the left? Convert it into an under-desk shelf and hide everything gross looking beneath it. Problem solved. We placed brackets to rest the shelf on and slid some nice board in place that will match the rest of the desk.

The desk is what I'm looking forward to completing the most.

Note: I guess pictures aren't uploading now so I'll include some of the cubby/headboard area later.

Guess who has two thumbs and a damaged roof?

This girl!

So our tarp came off in the weather and when I went into the trailer this evening the tub was full of water - obviously from a leak above. We've been avoiding the ceiling for a while but had to acknowledge it today. We've got some bad water damage and a leak so we're going to need extra time to fix it.

Greeeeat.

Attachments

• BadBathroom1.jpg
    BadBathroom1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 61
  • BadBathroom2.jpg
    BadBathroom2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 55
  • BadBathroom3.jpg
    BadBathroom3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 52
  • BadBathroom4.jpg
    BadBathroom4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
And here's the pictures of the cubby area from the post before:

Attachments

• CubbyShelf2.jpg
    CubbyShelf2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 61
  • CubbyShelf3.jpg
    CubbyShelf3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
Ugh......not really surprised based on the damage you found in the walls.

You have a great attitude and support.  You will get there.

One step at a time.

Hey Kat, I hope you got a really really good deal (low price) on this project TT you are working on.

Well, I guess at least your learning a lot about this TT and will know how to fix anything that goes wrong from here on out,
since it seems you could of stripped it to the studs and started from scratch.  :'(

Well at least it's Spring according to the calendar - so warm weather shouldn't be to far away for any of us.
And I assume that for you and most of us that warm weather is much nicer to work in than freezing cold or ever rainy weather.

Keep up the good work.

RedandSilver said:
Hey Kat, I hope you got a really really good deal (low price) on this project TT you are working on.

Well, I guess at least your learning a lot about this TT and will know how to fix anything that goes wrong from here on out,
since it seems you could of stripped it to the studs and started from scratch.  :'(

Well at least it's Spring according to the calendar - so warm weather shouldn't be to far away for any of us.
And I assume that for you and most of us that warm weather is much nicer to work in than freezing cold or ever rainy weather.

Keep up the good work.

I....think I got a good deal? The asking price was $4000 and when I offered $3800 he took it immediately so I guess I should have bid lower.

I'm not really that bitter about the price. Everything around here was a lot higher priced or completely junked. I think at the end of the day about $5000 will have gone into it total after all the repairs. We did encounter a lot of problems with this, though. But I'm happy with the project overall and the time I get to spend with my Dad, so it's okay. :)

Very inspirational! 

Now that the tub's been sitting a bit are you still happy with the refinish?  Any suggestions?  We have an older travel trailer that has a dingy tub.  That refinish may just brighten up the room a bit. 

I'll definitely start my projects a little smaller than yours!

Alright!

So some good progress: We've finished converting the dinette area into a desk/working area. I'm super happy with it.

Here's a video documenting the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LdsEQZCjv8&t=119s

And below is the before and after photo of the area.

I've ordered supplies to fix the roof and those should be arriving soon!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DeskAfter.jpg
    DeskAfter.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 82
Fyrediver said:
Very inspirational! 

Now that the tub's been sitting a bit are you still happy with the refinish?  Any suggestions?  We have an older travel trailer that has a dingy tub.  That refinish may just brighten up the room a bit. 

I'll definitely start my projects a little smaller than yours!

Well this WAS supposed to be a smaller project. I guess the universe had other ideas.

I'm happy with the tub still but I also haven't used it and it's been hard to protect from the ceiling above it falling apart. So, we'll see! The kit was affordable and easy to use - much cheaper than replacing the tub entirely so if you're just looking for something fresher I think it would work. :)

Alright! Things are....sort of moving along. Here's a new video in which I remodel the kitchen cabinets and buy an adorable microwave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5yMF9RZMQ

Attached are some before/after photos of the kitchen area.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Kitchen1.jpg
    Kitchen1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 64
Looking Good.

I like that you brightened up the area.

Keep up the pace and soon you will be ready to roll.

RedandSilver said:
Looking Good.

I like that you brightened up the area.

Keep up the pace and soon you will be ready to roll.

Thanks! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Another update already! In this video I refinished the countertop with Rust-Oleum Countertop Coating and like 50 hairs from my head (hairs not an intentional part of the design).

https://youtu.be/wJcGc8c3nnU

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Countertop2.jpg
    Countertop2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 61
Did you fix the roof yet?

It's nice to see how you are putting a clean woman's touch (for the lack of a better term) on the trailer.

You go girl!  ;D

Back
Top Bottom