New Remodel Start to Finish - Total Beginner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since your project is finished they can't use the saying

No flies on her. Get back to work slacker

Katammers said:
Thanks everyone for hanging out with me so far.

Now, I need your help:

I have flies. I don't know where they're coming from. I haven't had this problem until I parked in my month-long spot in LA. I'm getting flies every day - I'm talking 9 or 10 large house flies.

At first I thought they were coming up through the sewer and gray tanks but I don't know how. I stuffed a sock in the bathtub drain and I thought it helped but today....flies.

I open the door once or twice a day to leave and come home. No windows are open. I don't keep trash in the trailer and I scoop the litter box regularly.

Has anyone had this problem? How are these bastards GETTING IN!?

Somebody help meeeee.

Keep your gray and black tanks closed.  Open the gray tank every few days or so and then close it again. Black tank open maybe once a week or two followed by the gray tank again.  Then close them both again, and repeat cycle as needed.

Fly paper in a corner (so you don't walk into it) might help reduce them buzzing around.  Don't leave it up while traveling if there is any
possibility that it could swing far enough to touch something and stick to it.

When you leave - is it locked up tighter than a drum?  No windows or vents open?  A/C unit?

Sometimes it's not your trash that attracts them but a neighbor a door or three away.

I would look under your unit to make sure there were no openings for them to get in.

I suppose as a last resort you could move the trailer for a few days and see if the problem goes away.  If it does that should
mean that it's where you are staying that has the problem - if they are still around it's more likely there getting in some opening.

Hope that helps and you get those buggers out of your living space.

Also look at the tank vent pipe openings up on the roof.  Underneath the caps, is the roof sealed flush against the vent pipe or are there gaps for insects to enter?

Have you checked your vents?  The visible vent is just a shroud with a smaller pvc or abs pipe under it.  The holes that are cut in for the pipes are often crudely cut and leave plenty of room for insects to find a way in.  Also check your fridge vent. The mesh is pretty large from what I recall.  They could be getting in there and finding a way in.

Good job on your camper!

Thanks for your service!

I am interested in the tub treatment our shower stall is badly yellowed and the MH doesn't have that many miles on it.

"CX"

Back
Top Bottom