New Remodel Start to Finish - Total Beginner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't bring up the roof!!! lol

We've actually been working on it for the past few days. We've just got to cover the roof with rubber sealant and then the roof is fixed, but we still have to undo allll the damage done in the bathroom.

Very nice work !. looks great !!. I feel for ya on the roof :-(, that is some long , hard work. if your bathroom walls are bad ?, more than likely, the roof decking is bad as well, and just putting rubber sealant on it is just a band aid. your call, but me ?, I would deff be inspecting/replacing what ever is wrong with the roof if it needs it ?. keep up the good work !.

1st... Thank you for your service!
2nd... Nice job on the reconstruction! For a long time I've entertained the thought of reconstructing an older TT but haven't yet found that perfect unit to restore.
3rd... viewed all 9 of your youtube postings and I am really interested in the finished product... keep it up!

Keith

kwbush said:
1st... Thank you for your service!
2nd... Nice job on the reconstruction! For a long time I've entertained the thought of reconstructing an older TT but haven't yet found that perfect unit to restore.
3rd... viewed all 9 of your youtube postings and I am really interested in the finished product... keep it up!

Keith

Thanks! Hopefully you'll stick around to the end. :)

So this last week has been insane. I was trying to leave last Monday and we spent a week busting our butts to get the trailer done - but by midnight on Sunday the toilet was leaking everywhere and the bathroom door still wasn't on so me and Papa H unfortunately called it quits. So he's out of town and I'm hoping to get on the road next week.

Everything has been going wrong - non-stop rain, mystery leaks in the kitchen, the ceiling falling down in the bathroom - it's just been awful. I am SO ready for this to be over.

Here's a new video on how we fixed the roof. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDmczfQUoKk

Not exactly sure where you are heading off too, but you may want to keep it close to home for a short trip or two so you can iron out any issues that may arise after hauling it down the road.

Ugh this bathroom. I'm sick of looking at it. Before and afters attached, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejPaCGVzyTY

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Bathroom1.jpg
    Bathroom1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 34
  • BathroomAfter2.jpg
    BathroomAfter2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 42
  • BathroomAfter1.jpg
    BathroomAfter1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 48
RedandSilver said:
Looks good.

Any idea when you will be road ready?

Soon! Maybe day after tomorrow? We've only got a few things to finish - the curtains, and a few odds and ends. We'll hopefully be finishing up everything tomorrow and I can move all my stuff in!

We finished the flooring which I think has been my favorite part of doing the trailer so far because I mostly just laid around on the floor while doing it. Here's the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV44tLR1fu4

I got the same flooring as you except Haley Oak. Kind of miffed because I bought a compressor and brad nailer and haven't been able to use it yet!!! I'm still on the fence to get just a cook top like yours or one with an oven. At the start I was thinking there's no way she's going to end up with anything nice and still a piece of junk. Nice job. Your dad will probably spend the next 6 months in his easy chair.

SkateBoard said:
I got the same flooring as you except Haley Oak. Kind of pissed because I bought a compressor and brad nailer and haven't been able to use it yet!!! I'm still on the fence to get just a cook top like yours or one with an oven. At the start I was thinking there's no way she's going to end up with anything nice and still a piece of ****. Nice job. Your dad will probably spend the next 6 months in his easy chair.

We were talking about adding a hitch to the back of the trailer that he could just sit on and get pulled around the country to make various repairs but I don't think that's going to work.

Things are going well today. Did I mention I dropped my tape measure in the poophole and had to fish it out? That was great.

Attachments

• TapeMeasure.jpg
    TapeMeasure.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 33
You guys...We're so close to done!

Two new videos: This one explains how we converted two areas into drawer storage. The first used to be the storage under the dinette seating that you had to lift up to access. Forget that! It's a drawer now. The second was a low cabinet over by the bed so I can reach into the depths of the trailer in the middle of the night. Nope! Drawer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_TbRf-iqw

Then here is a video about what I did for window treatments. We made two curtain valances that I installed hacked roller shades in that I sewed my own curtains for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTjSJk3GLw

I'm at the point where I'm moving my things in and deciding, hmmm...do I really need this third purse? Yes I do! I'm planning on leaving this Sunday, and I'm kind of nervous about it.

Attachments

• Valence.jpg
    Valence.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 26
Also, I have been informed that while fixing the roof I did not use butyl tape correctly.

hate to break the bad news but that is not the proper use of butyl tape.  the tape is supposed to go under the trim ring of the fan,  then the fan is screwed down,  then you trim the excess tape so that it's flush with the trim ring.  then if you want you can apply a self leveling lap sealant.

If this is true: my bad! But it's way too late to....un-butyl tape the trailer. I added a note onto my video for other seeking advice to do additional research before you go tape crazy like we did.

Hey everybody.....

WE'RE DONE!!!

I've been on the road for just a little while now. Cheyenne, Denver, Salt Lake City, now Reno. I've had a few setbacks but overall I'm glad this son of a bitch is done. I'm sick of looking at it but now I have to live in it! Here's the final before/after photos and a few extras for all of you who have been following this.

I'll be doing another final video, but other than that, thanks for staying tuned! If you like you can watch me on Instagram @tammyhineline if you want to follow me down to Los Angeles and then back to Virginia.

Here are some notes:

1. If you want to eat chocolate, probably don't make your couch cushions white.
2. My cat has decided that she wants to sleep in the closet all day and then crawl all over me all night.
3. Wow this is a small bed. (I am 5'10)

Attachments

• BA1.jpg
    BA1.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 73
  • BA2.jpg
    BA2.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 64
  • BA3.jpg
    BA3.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 68
outstanding !!!. very nice work that you and your dad has done !!!, hats off to ya'll ! :).

You have done a beautiful job!  You should be proud of yourself.  I have watched your videos for several months and am so glad you were able to get moving on this and get it done despite setbacks and weather constrictions. 

Thanks everyone for hanging out with me so far.

Now, I need your help:

I have flies. I don't know where they're coming from. I haven't had this problem until I parked in my month-long spot in LA. I'm getting flies every day - I'm talking 9 or 10 large house flies.

At first I thought they were coming up through the sewer and gray tanks but I don't know how. I stuffed a sock in the bathtub drain and I thought it helped but today....flies.

I open the door once or twice a day to leave and come home. No windows are open. I don't keep trash in the trailer and I scoop the litter box regularly.

Has anyone had this problem? How are these bastards GETTING IN!?

Somebody help meeeee.

Back
Top Bottom