Spares required for 1988 Ford E350 Tag Axle Holiday Rambler 5760GVW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montgoman

Hi. I'm looking for wheel cylinders, power brake booster & master cylinder, brake hoses, pads, discs, brake shoes, crankshaft seals etc etc. Can anyone recommend a one stop source of supply? My problem is I live in Spain, but I'm sure international postage isn't an issue. I've keyed in my VIN number but several options pop up, so difficult to know how to order correct spares. Any advice appreciated.

Richard

Motorhomes based on a van chassis (like this one) usually use the "van cut-away" version of the chassis, so look for a 1988 E350 van cutaway in the parts catalog. The tag axle, however, will be an add-on by Holiday Rambler, so you will have to identify the tag axle manufacturer to get parts for it. Hopefully there will be some sort of ID on the axle itself.

The engine mechanical parts will be standard Ford items for that engine, but bolt-on parts like drive belts, alternators and pulleys may not be the same as regular Ford van/engine items.

Thanks for your reply Gary. The vehicle previous to purchase spent 15 years in Scotland, and just about every part is oxidised, but I'll see if any ID on the axle .  Do you know of any one stop shop I can try? There are numerous on the web but it would be good to know of someone helpful I could actually chat to

The axle ID would be a metal tag on the cover of the rear differential.  It's important that you identify the type of rear end that your RV uses, because it will dictate the type of brakes, wheels, etc, that fits.

I've asked the garage to look for that tag, but everything is good on that axle, could give us better info for the future, so thanks for that tip Nate. Managed to buy everything we need from JC Whitney so fingers crossed it makes it to Spain...

Back
Top Bottom