Total Eclipse...anyone taking it in August 21, 2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peggyy said:
I posted about this yesterday but got little response.  We are going to crossville tn to see it,
That is probably because this thread has been going since last year. We don't really need multiple thread on the exact same subject.

I just signed up to view the eclipse at the South Carolina State Fairgrounds. Cost is $5 to park or $125 to camp in an RV. On the line of totality. I also found a motel room in Atlanta at a Motel 6 for $45. I will then drive up to the fairgrounds in the morning.

https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/4187/2017-south-carolina-state-fair-

SeilerBird said:
That is probably because this thread has been going since last year. We don't really need multiple thread on the exact same subject.

https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/4187/2017-south-carolina-state-fair-

I see the date on this now.  I guess I should be more observant before I comment or post.  I don't usually check the library to see if someone has already posted on the subject before I post myself.  I'll try to do better with that!  Thx.

Peggyy said:
I see the date on this now.  I guess I should be more observant before I comment or post.  I don't usually check the library to see if someone has already posted on the subject before I post myself.  I'll try to do better with that!  Thx.
It is not a problem except that very few people will respond to a new thread of something that already has an open thread on the subject. There is a search icon at the top of every page. Just search and your question may have already been answered.

I'm going to go out the back door and watch it.  It's going right over top of me in Oregon

We've reservations at Table Rock State Park in SC.  Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing the big event.

I'm like GSport.  Gonna stay at Camp Faucett (my backyard) to experience the eclipse  8).  Just about 7 miles south of the St. Joseph, MO centerline. 

I gotta work, but the eclipse will be about 80% here in South Delaware so it will still be worth viewing.

We lucked out.  One of my sons was just transferred to St. Joseph, Mo. which is directly under the eclipse path.  His furniture just arrived yesterday.  Anyway, his driveway will be our observation site.  We've got to get up there early as they are predicting the entire city to be inundated by wannabe eclipse viewers, so we plan on arriving Saturday.  I've got 5 pr. of "eclipse" glasses, so we're set.

xrated said:
I will be sitting on my back deck.  I'm 6 miles from Vonore, TN....pretty much in the center of the totality area

My home is in the 98% area.  Wasn't good enough so I got a campground in  the 100% zone.  Like that'll make a noticeable difference.... 8)

From reading the rest of the posts, maybe I'll be the only one in southern Illinois watching it??

We have reservations at the campground at DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in DuQuoin, Illinois.  We'll have 2 minutes 0 seconds of totality but could drive another 20 miles south (along with a kazillion others) and get all of an additional 37 seconds.

We'll be staying indoors trying to stay out of the way of the million or so viewers who are predicted to descend on our area of Oregon.  Shopping ahead so we can stay off the roads.  We have proper glasses if we want to sneak a peak.

Interestingly, on our way home from the Tetons on Sunday, the electronic road signs along I-25 stated "No oversized/weight loads Aug 20-22" -- guess they're expecting lots of traffic.

We're in the 92% area, and have no desire to fight the crowds, even though it's only about 3 hours drive north of here.

We are under red flag fire warnings here in Oregon.  Local news is broadcasting concerns that people might pull over, in cars, in unsafe areas to watch and exacerbate the danger. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom