2006 fleetwood 270FQS pioneer 26 foot trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill Wolf

Just picked this up, new to campers anything I should be looking for?
it had a leak up front but has been fixed (New roof) I'm putting the bedroom
back together, and thinking of putting some click & snap wood flooring in?
any thoughts or tips would be very helpful.
Thank's in advance BillW 

Bill....welcome!

First thing, check the date code on the tires.  If they are more than 7 years old, replace them regardless of how much tread is left.  Old tires are a ticking time bomb that may look perfect.  Date code is stamped on an oval on the sidewall.....example:  2511 would mean they were manufactured the 25th week of 2011, and so on.

Second.....repack your wheel bearings with new grease seals.  Easy job, just messy.

Third....winterize it if you live anywhere where you get hard freezes.  Broken pipes are not fun come spring time when you want to go camping.  You can use the pink anti freeze (potable) or compressed air, which a lot of us prefer....ensure you get all the water out of the lines.

Fourth....during the winter, take steps to ensure no rodent intrusion.  Mice will give you fits.  Get all food out of it for the winter, and seal any gaps or openings. 

Beyond that, when the weather is favorable, hit the road and enjoy your new rig!

Thanks for the all the info.will put that on list of things to do,but I have to get bedroom put back together,(had a leak)and try to get the furnace to fire up.
I have no blower, fuses ok a/c fan kicks on, but heater is dead. I'm plugged in to 110, but I'm going to try and hook the 12 volt battery back up,and see if that will fix my problem?
agin thanks for all the help Bill

Welcome to the Forum Bill...  8)

I've got a 2005 270FQS, should be similar if not identical.
As for the new floor the only advice I have is to consider the additional weight the flooring might add.  :-\

Frizlefrak  gave you a lot of good advice especially about tires, they may look good but after 7 yrs you're on borrowed time!  ;D

In case you're looking for the water pump, to winterize, it's located behind a panel at the bottom of the television cabinet.

Enjoy the new to you TT, and don't hesitate to ask any questions about your unit.  :D

Keith

12VDC power is required for most RV functions, including most interior lights, and control circuits for water heater, fridge and furnace.  Often, if you have a CONVERTER, which converts 120VAC to 12VDC, and you are plugged into shore power, everything works fine.  Some campers need a battery in the system, even with a functioning converter.

If a battery does not fix the furnace, ask.  There is a long list of simple, cheap things to check.

Laminate click flooring should be fine and easy to install.  Note as mentioned by kwbush, the stuff is heavy!

Enjoy the camper!

grashley said:
Laminate click flooring should be fine and easy to install.  Note as mentioned by kwbush, the stuff is heavy!

Enjoy the camper!

An alternative that is considerably lighter is peel n stick linoleum that looks like wood flooring. 

Back
Top Bottom