It's good news week for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I really love the RV park where I live and the first time I drove through here I fell in love with lot L1 which is the best lot in the park due to shade and a fabulous view of the canal. I have been watching it the last four years waiting for it to empty out and it is finally empty. I inquired at the office and it will be occupied from January to March and then it is mine. On top of everything else I will probably save about $20 a month in air conditioning since my RV is in direct sun all day long and L1 is in the shade almost all day. My nephew can push my RV over to the spot with his truck. It is located right across the street and down the road two spaces. You can see it right next to the truck in L2 in the first shot.

Attachments

• L1 2.jpg
    L1 2.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 170
  • L1 1.jpg
    L1 1.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 155
Rene T said:
Watch for the gators in that pond.    ;D :D ;)
The biggest one I have seen in that pond is about a five footer. I don't fish so I won't be standing near the shore and all three of my cats are indoor cats so they won't get eaten. 8)

SeilerBird said:
The biggest one I have seen in that pond is about a five footer. I don't fish so I won't be standing near the shore and all three of my cats are indoor cats so they won't get eaten. 8)

The CG I'm in have several small ponds and they did have gators in some of them. They had a trapper come in and remove all of them. They were getting too friendly with people because people wood feed them which is against the law in FL.

This pond is connected to a very large lake so it would do no good to trap them and I wouldn't want them to. The gators were here first. The lot is located right below the blue dot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-11-28 at 11.15.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2016-11-28 at 11.15.15 AM.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 81
Good for you Tom.  ;D

Waiting paid off and I hope it's everything you want.

If it's empty now do you get to do a trial run during December?
Or would that be too much work for a month?

Reminds me of a favorite quote from one of my former coworkers.  "Things work out if you let 'em!"  So happy you were able to secure your favorite spot.  :)

RedandSilver said:
Good for you Tom.  ;D

Waiting paid off and I hope it's everything you want.

If it's empty now do you get to do a trial run during December?
Or would that be too much work for a month?
It is empty right now but it is rented for December through March and then it is mine. My RV doesn't run so I would have to push it over there. I have some volunteers with big trucks who are going to push me over there in March. I don't need a trial run, I know I want the spot. I love the view and I love the neighborhood so it is a done deal.

gwcowgill said:
Tom, I wish you the best. I really like your park.
Thanks Glen. We walked right past it when we hiked around the park and I probably told you I was lusting after that spot. I saw that spot the first time I drove through the park and I have been lusting for it ever since.

RedandSilver said:
Why doesn't it run?  non fixable?
I drove out here in January of 2013 to spend two weeks at Disney World. When I left town I got about 30 miles north of Orlando and my RV started cutting out on me. It would run fine for a minute or two and then cut out and become undriveable for another minute or two. I called CoachNet and they towed me to a repair shop in Kissimmee. The repair shop worked on it for a few days before they gave up. I could not afford to keep paying them to not solve the problem so Catblaster graciously invited me to camp in his front yard. Next payday he took me out shopping for an RV park and he took me to the one I am at first. I fell in love with the place so I rented a lot and drove over. Meanwhile I found another RV place and drove it over there so they could look at it. They couldn't figure it out either. This is a 95 and it was not throwing a code out to help solve the mystery. Then Captain Steve from the forum stopped by to help solve the problem and he could not figure it out either. Meanwhile I had a long thread on this forum that had people guessing at my problem but no one could nail it down. After about a month I decided that after spending ten years pinballing around the country that it was a sign from god that it was time to come off the road and settle down. I realized there were a lot worse places I could have broken down. Now I look at it as a blessing since I really love living in Florida. After living a year in my first spot I decided to relocate to a different space in the park right next to the Wifi antenna. I drove it until it was across the street from my new site and when I went to put it into gear it died and refused to start. Turn the key and I got nothing. So I called CoachNet and they sent out a tow truck to pull me 75 feet into my new spot. After a year there I got tired of all the noise from people who were using the pool so I moved to a much quieter spot directly across the street from the spot I really wanted. CoachNet sent someone out to fix it so it would start but they wanted a fortune to get it running. They wanted to drain the gas tank and spend a lot more money so I just had them tow me. It has only been driven about 5 miles in the last four years so it is beyond hope. However it works just fine as a place to live.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom