Winegard RM-DM46 crank up satellite dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dickinson

I'm thinking about getting the Winegard RM-DM46 crank up sat. dish to use with Direct TV.  You have to find the satellite  (it's not automatic), but it's a lot cheaper.  Anyone have experience with this device.

Our motorhome came with one of these, and inside there was a monitor that showed the elevation.  We used it for a couple of years after we have DirecTV installed when I didnt feel like setting up our portable Slimline-5.  This dish will only get SD tv, at least for DirecTV.  I didnt realize there was still a market for these, so when we had a Winegard Trav'ler installed, I sent the Winegard RM-DM46 off to the dump.  By the way, the elevation monitor is still on the ceiling of my motorhome.

We used our RM-DM46 on occasion just as Paul mentioned, when I didn't feel the need to set up our full sized triple LNB Dish dish. It worked well enough with our previous single tuner Dish receiver for receiving the channels from one satellite. I have an idea of how to make it work with our current Dish Hopper too, but that needs to wait until we're somewhere that the roof dish can "see" the birds. Where we are now it's tree blocked, but the larger portable dish works well.

I've had one installed on the last 2 5'ers. Since we have directv and don't subscribe to any HD channels so it worked great. Didn't have any digital readout, all manual but after a few times it took only minutes to lock on. I seemed to have better luck in lightly treed areas than those with the "ground mushrooms" did. Occasionally I'd wind up in a area that had to many trees and it wouldn't work. But 90% of the time it faired pretty well. Haven't got one on the current new 5'er because with the tv in the slide out I haven't found a cable install I could live with yet. But if I do wind up with a dish on the roof it will be one of these.

I have one that came with my motorhome, I am in the process of converting it into a directional wifi antenna connected to a wifi repeater / accesspoint inside my motorhome.  In fact I just ordered some of the parts for this project yesterday.

I had one years ago. Worked great. Once I got the hang of it I could often hit the satellite in a minute or two. Very occasionally I fussed around for 10 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom