Heating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2humans_2bulldogs

This may seem like a dumb question but this is my first year camping. I've turned on my Furness for the first time this year and my air conditioner is on as well. Is this normal? I was under the impression that just the Furness and floor vent would pump out heat. The air coming from the a/c ceiling vent is cool which is not ideal. I'm just a bit confused here.

I have a 2015 cougar 337fls 5th wheel

I am guessing that you have a Dometic thermostat.  If yes, press the "On/Off" button until "Fan" appears in the window.  Now push the "+" button until "AU" appears in the window.  Now push the "On /Off" button to get to the furnace setting.  You will now get heat from the floor vents and no cool air from the ceiling.  If you leave the fan on "Hi' or "Low" then you will get cool air from the ceiling vent.  It is not A/C air just cool air from the fan and cool ducts.

Rereading my post...that is not exactly correct.  I should have said press the "On/Off" button until the light is next to "Fan."  Then press the "+" button until "AU" appears in the window.  Now push the "On/Off" button until the light is next to "Heat."

If you have the fan on "Hi" or "Lo" the fan for the A?C will run all the time no matter what setting you are on.  If you put the fan on "AU" for Automatic on A/C it will run of HI until the temp in the RV gets to within 5 degrees of what the thermostat is set for...then it goes to Low until the set temp is reached then it goes off with the A/C.  When you select furnace with the fan on "AU" only the furnace fan will run and the A/C fan will remain off.  Just remember, if you have the fan on Hi or Low it will continue to run on A/C and Furnace even after the furnace or A/C compressor shuts down.

The above is for a Dometic thermostat.  If you have a different thermostat it is still the same except you will have to find how to set the fan on auto.  Some thermostats the fan will run on A/C or Fan but never on Furnace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom