Full Timing and Traveling with a Stocked Liquer Cabnet, after all it's our Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

---nota___

Full Timing and Traveling with a Stocked Liquer Cabnet, after all it's our Home and We like to entertain a lot.

Does every bottle have to be factory sealed while traveling on the roads of America?

Can I also carry on board a couple Aged Barrels of Rum & Whiskey from my favorite Distilleries ?

Don't worry, I'm not going to be driving a 36,000 GVW rig while drinking for obvious Reasons,

anymore  ;)

---nota___

Attachments

• 185735OTWS_w.jpg
    185735OTWS_w.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 138
Best get a tag axle to carry all that liquer. Good luck shopping.

Becks said:
Best get a tag axle to carry all that liquer. Good luck shopping.

So the Barrels would be fine in the basement and I'll just have to install a shutoff valve to the kitchen for traveling. The barrels would need a shutoff valve anyways.

Beside all my police friends like to have a cocktail after their interesting days end.

Am I correct in this logical thinking ?

---nota___ said:
So the Barrels would be fine in the basement and I'll just have to install a shutoff valve to the kitchen for traveling. The barrels would need a shutoff valve anyways.

Beside all my police friends like to have a cocktail after their interesting days end.

Am I correct in this logical thinking ?

The more Barrels I can carry the less junk my wife can purchase, besides the more stuff she buys the more we will have to entertain.

Thirty five years of marriage to my complete opposite has taught me all the fun tricks to keep Her Happy and Adventurous in Life.

Attachments

• 01282.jpg
    01282.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 89
It's not like you're traveling with a bottle between your knees. Keep the booze properly stored and you shouldn't have any problems.

Not sure what you mean by a shut off valve. Not the same as a seal. 
Always good to have police friends to share a drink with, but that won't help you on the road.  :eek:
Particularly in a state like Wisconsin.

HappyWanderer said:
It's not like you're traveling with a bottle between your knees. Keep the booze properly stored and you shouldn't have any problems.

Agreed..  but it appears there's not enough stow room for his supply.  ;D
Don't assume if it's out of reach of the driver, you're fine.

BinaryBob said:
Not sure what you mean by a shut off valve. Not the same as a seal. 
Always good to have police friends to share a drink with, but that won't help you on the road.  :eek:
Particularly in a state like Wisconsin.

The barrels will be tapped and pumped into the kitchen sink for easy access and will need a shut off valve. 

Just make the Po Po Laugh and more than half you battle is completed.

Almost busted going thru Atlanta in 2004, cruise set at 132 and playing with the peddle up to 160 in between what almost zero traffic there was at 4am heading to Florida. Let off with a warning to speed at a more reasonable speed and was followed all the way to Florida State Line at 90 with my wife driving.

Kalamazoo to Florida state line in under 12 hours even after a 20 minute break on the side of the highway with seven Georgia State Troopers.  ;D  Helps if you have the Proper Car for those speeds.  Pretty tough to break that record now of days.

Attachments

• 27bd34f1.jpg
    27bd34f1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 98
Interesting. You want to "tap" hard liquor? What are you going to push it with? Nitro? Or just vac it up a line with compressed air? Either way sounds like you'll ruin you whiskey.

Why do you want to leave the exciting road life of 160 mph and drive a boxy RV down the road at 60?
On the other hand, thinking you can typically get off the hook by making the uhh.. Po Po ? laugh .. perhaps it's better to hang up the BMW keys and get you that motorhome....quickly..

BinaryBob said:
Interesting. You want to "tap" hard liquor? What are you going to push it with? Nitro? Or just vac it up a line with compressed air? Either way sounds like you'll ruin you whiskey.

Why do you want to leave the exciting road life of 160 mph and drive a boxy RV down the road at 60?
On the other hand, thinking you can typically get off the hook by making the uhh.. Po Po ? laugh .. perhaps it's better to hang up the BMW keys and get you that motorhome....quickly..

The Slow Life is just as Fun as the Fast.

Going to use a food grade liquid pump and one way valve for the Bung Hole for the Tap.

Our S2000 was always mistaken for the BMW so the Po Po was normally looking for the Wrong Car. The S spent most of it's Life in the Triple Digits and was designed for it. I purchase Value & Quality and Life is a Blast !!!

Hi nota and all,

I find this a bit interesting. I think in a lot of states their is maximum amount of alcohol you can transport over state lines. I'm not sure about the law as it applies to RV travel though. I think it would be advisable to contact local state police in the states you plan to travel and ask them simply how much you are allowed to transport in an RV. I wouldn't volunteer how much you plan to take. Have you given thought about the rare possibility of someone running into you or you them. Can you insure this?

I remember my Dad hiding a whisky bottle in his shoe bag so he could have a drink after a days drive on our trips. This was located in the trunk with all the suit cases. Also was at a time the interstate roads weren't all complete and you spent quite a bit of time going through towns, not making time and reason for his hiding the bottle he had. I simply put beer in a cooler on the bottom along with my pop. I only open a beer after I'm off the road. Good luck and safe travels. Hope you find the solution.

[size=10pt]I don?t think you should drive with a lot of adult beverages in your vehicle. Crossing state lines with an amount that may be considered  commercial could get you a court date.    That said, I have a open bottle of German Cognac in the galley cabinet. You can correct me if I?m wrong but I don?t think open container law?s apply to the part of my motor ?home? that is my home.[/size]

AStravelers said:
Here is a link to the laws of the 50 states about alcohol in a vehicle:  http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/open-container-and-consumption-statutes.aspx

In general it is OK to have alcoholic beverages inside a motorhome, but not in the driver area, or consumed while driving, even by passengers sometimes.

Good link but again, it depends on the state. Technically, Minnesota and Wisconsin have no exception for motor homes.
As noted by Happy Wanderer, from a practical standpoint, if you hide it away from the driver area you shouldn't have any concerns.

Unless of course you're the type to give the trooper probable cause to search your vehicle.... such as excessive speeding then telling the officer jokes.. ;D

BinaryBob said:
Good link but again, it depends on the state. Technically, Minnesota and Wisconsin have no exception for motor homes.
As noted by Happy Wanderer, from a practical standpoint, if you hide it away from the driver area you shouldn't have any concerns.

Unless of course you're the type to give the trooper probable cause to search your vehicle.... such as excessive speeding then telling the officer jokes.. ;D

Speeding is not probable cause to search a vehicle, besides we will be happy just to keep up with the faster Semi's along our travels.

Pretty sure the high speed cross country traveling is a thing of the past with all the cameras that been installed the past ten years. The Po Po really cracked down on the last sports car rally that ran across America.

Attachments

• Funny-Cop-Any-drugs-or-alcohol-Driver-No-Ive-got-everything-I-need.jpg
    Funny-Cop-Any-drugs-or-alcohol-Driver-No-Ive-got-everything-I-need.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 49
Yeah, I watched Cannonball Run too. Thanks for the chuckle.

wincom6 said:
[size=10pt]I don?t think you should drive with a lot of adult beverages in your vehicle. Crossing state lines with an amount that may be considered  commercial could get you a court date.    That said, I have a open bottle of German Cognac in the galley cabinet. You can correct me if I?m wrong but I don?t think open container law?s apply to the part of my motor ?home? that is my home.[/size]

Good point on the amount carried thru various states, probably better off with the smaller wood barrels.

My wife would be happier to have the extra storage space instead.

Happy Wife, Happy Life !!!

Attachments

• 1947926_650902831614178_769030772_n.jpg
    1947926_650902831614178_769030772_n.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 48
---nota___ said:
Good point on the amount carried thru various states, probably better off with the smaller wood barrels.

My wife would be happier to have the extra storage space instead.

Happy Wife, Happy Life !!!

With smaller barrels, you could have room to buy the good stuff when you run across different distilleries all over the country! You both will be happy :)

Back
Top Bottom