2015 Itasca Sunstar 27n

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dramsey1

I'm hoping someone here has experienced the issues that I have been struggling with for some time and has some ideas for me. I've had a roof leak in the front cap which leaks down onto the dash since the coach was new. I've had 3 seal tek tests so far and a lot of sealing done but the leak remains. It all looks sealed to me but it goes back for a 4th seal tek test this week. Also, the jacks down indicator comes on almost everytime the vehicle is started whether the jacks are down or not. This after returning the coach and having it checked out 4 times. The dealers haven't been able to resolve these problems so far and I would appreciagte any help I can get. Does anyone have any ideas?

My "roof leak" that came down the inside of the cap and dripped onto the dash was a leaky seal under a clearance lamp. The water wicked under the bad rubber gasket to sit inside the fixture, then went through the screw mounts. I found the problem when I noticed one clearance lamp with water inside the lense. Anything else mounted on the roof in that area could be the source of the leak too.

Here's an update. After getting the coach back and being assured it was sealed it leaked again. Water ran down the same spot over the drivers window and dripped on the dash. Exasperated I climbed up on the roof and aggressively poked and prodded every seal I could find. The seal for the skylight over the shower moved and water squirted out from underneath it when I pressed it down even though it looked fine and water had never dripped in the bathroom area. A call to Winnebago revealed that the seal was close to the edge and a rail runs down the entire length of both sides of the coach. Even though the shower skylight is towards the rear of the coach the water can run the rail up to front and drip on the dash. The dealer re-seated and resealed the skylight and Winnebago picked up the tab even though the coach is out of warranty (slightly). Hopefully, this will do it. I guess the lesson is that even though the seals look like new they may not have adhered to the roof properly in the first place.

dramsey1 said:
I guess the lesson is that even though the seals look like new they may not have adhered to the roof properly in the first place.

With all the great craftsmanship and quality control in the RV industry, I can't imagine it wasn't done correctly at the factory. ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom