EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Cold weather camping!  (Read 3562 times)

ISO_AAA

• ---
Re: Cold weather camping!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 10:44:20 PM »
Im using 2 space heaters when I'm on the rig and letting the furnace keep kitty warm while I'm at work. I don't like to leave the space heaters going when I'm gone. I turn the tank heater on if it's going to drop below 20. I haven't had any problems or freezing. I ordered a bunch of high density foam to cover the windows and drafty areas. I haven't covered it with fabric to match the rig yet but that's the plan so looks good. The foam has helped a lot. And I stuffed the thick foam pipe insulators across the bottom of the slides outside. Helps with drafts and bugs!

This is my first winter in the RV. Hoping it goes well.

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 01:18:45 AM »
Yeah, I get to take the "nighttime inspections" too Richard.  I had a remote thermometer in the bay for the first few days, but when the readouts showed a steady 50 degrees, I put it back outside to monitor the outside temps.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »
One other thing I've done to help keep the heat in (?):

I cut a piece of 1/8" plywood.. the same dimensions as the A/C filter(s), and replace the filter with that.. during the Winter months.

Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.

Hosted by Over The Network