Moving TT 100 miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Questioning

I'd like to purchase a used 33ft Layton and move it about 100 miles to be parked at a building site.  The Sienna van I have would be over the towing capacity by a factor of two.  If I take it easy, is this possible (understandably not the safest thing to do) or would I not even be able to move the thing from the parking spot.  Do I need to hire someone with a big truck?  I'm obviously not an RVer.  Just looking for some guidance and suggestions.  Thank you.

As you suspected, pulling it with your Sienna is a bad and dangerous idea. Maybe a friend with a 3/4 ton or larger pick-up can help you.

kdbgoat said:
As you suspected, pulling it with your Sienna is a bad and dangerous idea. Maybe a friend with a 3/4 ton or larger pick-up can help you.

X2.

You say: Building Site. As kdbgoat sez.. Someone at the site with a 3/4+ Pick-up should pull it for you... ?  For Safety sake ?

Joe

BIG JOE said:
X2.

You say: Building Site. As kdbgoat sez.. Someone at the site with a 3/4+ Pick-up should pull it for you... ?  For Safety sake ?

Joe

X 3.  For your safety as well as anyone else on the road.

Maybe the person or place you are buying from would move it for you. They probably have the equipment already. It would be worth a fee (or a nice gratuity) to get the job done safely and competently.

For less than the price of a transmission for your Sienna, you should be able to have it safely moved by someone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom