Delightful day with Framily

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We spent several hours today in the wonderful company of Doug and Peggy Jardine. They were staying at the Delta Marina & RV Park in Rio Vista, CA for a couple of nights. Their site was overlooking the Sacramento River. Doug is a long time forum member, but this was our first opportunity to meet him and Peggy in person. The time passed too quickly and I wish we could have spent much more time together.

Left to right in the picture - Doug, Peggy, yours truly.

Doug took a photo of all four of us and hopefully he'll post it here when he gets online.

Attachments

• Jardine.jpg
    Jardine.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 66
A very nice couple, we enjoyed our time with them at QZ this year.  We even got Doug to feed the parking meter :)

Good on you, Tom, for posting the pic that Chris took.  As for my pic, I'll post it in this thread as soon as I get if off the card--we're two days at Turtle River so I'm sure to find a few minutes to do this while we're there.

Today was the long (for us) drive from Delta Marina to Riverwalk in Fortuna, CA.  We were off by about 0900 and arrived at about 1530.  Gosh the wind on that Hwy 12 was brutal and it brought about some billowing out of our awning.  Fortunately I spotted this ill-mannered behaviour in the side mirror before it became a disaster.  I did have the arms pinned with a bungee cord each, but when I stopped to fix the problem I discovered that the bungee cords were just about frayed through.  I replaced those with solid rubber cords that I happened to have aboard.  I think this is reason to get a new awning installed sometime in the near future.

As Tom says, we had a great meet-up and Peggy and I are happy that Tom & Chris made the hour + trip from Discovery Bay--a good spell of chatting at the marina before heading off to lunch and then a post-lunch cocktail (Chris had diet Pepsi as she was the driver) in Foster's Bighorn. 

Now let's see how many  of you pick up on Foster's ;D.

Yup, I fed the meter at QZ; figured I needed to earn some brownie points to get me in line for the 50A outlet next year--well, that's if Smoky doesn't get there before me ;).

Ciao,

Doug

Doug,

It sure was windy this morning, so much so that I delayed my morning fishing trip until things calmed down this afternoon. Hopefully the awning survived. We hope the remainder of your journey is pleasant and safe and look forward to seeing you both again, either south or north of the border.

Hi Tom,

Today (Friday) is a non-travelling day for us, meaning it's a day for chores of all kinds :).  Got the pic off the camera's card and a slightly tweaked version is attached.

Ciao,

Doug

Attachments

• Doug Peggy Chris Tom (Small).jpg
    Doug Peggy Chris Tom (Small).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 39
Great photo Doug, thanks. I like the way you cropped it and added the border too. (I was paying attention during your brief illustration of what to look for in the final photo).

You left the area a day too soon. It's been really nice here since you left and no wind, so I've been on the water with the fishing boat the last 3 days. Remember me saying it was low to mid 80's before you arrived? Now we have someone else to blame that wind and rain on besides me  ;D

Have a safe homeward journey and let's hope we can meet up again in the not too distant future.

Hi Tom,

You left the area a day too soon. It's been really nice here since you left and no wind, so I've been on the water with the fishing boat the last 3 days. Remember me saying it was low to mid 80's before you arrived? Now we have someone else to blame that wind and rain on besides me  Grin

Just call me the rain maker, eh!  Today in Gold Beach it is a shade under 60F, with a tad of fog drifting in off the ocean.  Last night we had a low of 41F.  But, no rain--as yet, any way.  Tomorrow we'll head further north on the coast to Florence for one night, and then go inland to spend a couple of days with long standing friends in Cresswell, OR.

And, glad you liked the pic.

Ciao,

Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom