EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Prepping for boondocking or to sell  (Read 783 times)

krista_girl86

• ---
Prepping for boondocking or to sell
« on: December 02, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
I bought a travel trailer as a winter project to take boondocking.  The only outdoor project is possibly to make the seals pictures look better, any suggestions on that project?  Also, by putting in a composting toilet do so I lose value of if I decide to sell it at the end of the winter?  What about for solar?  I think I know I won't have it more than two years, I just don't want to make remodel mistakes.

JiminDenver

• ---
Re: Prepping for boondocking or to sell
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »
While I was prepping my trailer for boondocking earlier this year LOOKIN at things I could do with it, before long I had decided to remove one of the dinette benches and then the other tossing them in a utility trailer with a crash. Just as the crunch of the second bench hit I remembered that I was supose to be LOOKING and had planned on also looking at a motorhome that weekend. Since it was going to be hard to trade in the rig without the dinette I decided it was mine forever and don't sweat the changes like removing the roof A/C.

So if you change your rig to fit your needs, it may be hard to find another whos needs it will fit in the future. You might be able to put in the composting toilet in such a way that you could put the original back before you sell it. Just don't toss it out the door when you remove it. :)

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 11:07:26 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by improving the "seals pictures." Are you talking about the graphics decals? As to whether or not installing a composting toilet would improve or reduce the resale value, that would depend on who was buying it. Some would think it's a good thing, others not. I agree with Jim though... hang on to the old toilet. Solar is a great addition for boondocking, but often comprises a lot more than just installing some solar panels. It really depends on how much you want to rely on solar. It can get expensive and the cost may not be recoverable when the RV is sold.

Kev 
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

JiminDenver

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 09:18:32 AM »
With solar you could get a portable unless you need BIG power. I created three systems and tested portable before mounting one.

Hosted by Over The Network