Adding square footage to a bus conversion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyKae

So I'm running into an issue in the planning phase of my bus. To possibly get it classified as an Accessory Dwelling Unit,  but the minimum living space is 300 square feet.

The bus I'm looking at is 77 passenger, so say 37 feet long? 7.5 feet wide. So, that's like 270 square feet. Any way you count it, it'll be short by 30-50 square feet of space. I've seen a conversion where they added a deck up top, and another where they basically welded a car to the top. Would these count as extra square footage? Any more aesthetic looking options? Pop-outs, etc? Thoughts? Thanks!!

Rules for Accessory Dwelling Units will vary locally, so the only opinion that matters is the local gov't where you plan to set it up. Not sure that anything mobile would qualify in most locales, though. If what you want is a permanent ADU, a trailer is a better choice than any motorized unit. Still have a problem if 300 sq ft minimum living space.

Skoolie conversions is a whole topic by itself. Few are successful; in fact few actually get completed. They are a lot more work and expense than most people can ever imagine. Bus Conversion Magazine and skoolie.net are good sources for help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom