Winnebago cabinet Doors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TourRVenture

Has anyone taken out their dishwasher from their Winnebago Motorhome?  I am looking to replace it with 2 doors and make it into a big cabinet. The issue is finding doors to fit the space and matching the existing cabinets design. They seem to be 1 3/4" too small from the factory. Also, selling the dishwasher that we only used a few times.

I think they use drawers in that space when the dishwasher isn't installed. You should be able to use the online parts catalogue for your coach to find out.

TourRVenture said:
Has anyone taken out their dishwasher from their Winnebago Motorhome?  I am looking to replace it with 2 doors and make it into a big cabinet. The issue is finding doors to fit the space and matching the existing cabinets design. They seem to be 1 3/4" too small from the factory. Also, selling the dishwasher that we only used a few times.
I believe the F&P dishwasher that came with our Tour was an option, and unfortunately, the first owners ordered it. Neither they nor us ever used it, and we'd much rather use that for storage space. As it is, I've removed the little prongy things that hold the dishes up, and we keep some of our larger pots and pans in there. Only problem is - you need to be plugged into shore-power or running the genset to open the dishwasher door. Yeah, we'd much rather have a nice cabinet there. All it takes is money. Please keep me posted on what you discover.

Kev

Oh man, and here I am trying to install the dishwasher :)

I have two Meridian/Tour coffee glazed drawers to trade for that DW :)

I don't know about you particular unit but our 01 Horizon did not have the washer unit.  What Winnebage did back then was to put in shelves instead.  If you want different doors, there are lots of on-line retailers that can make custom doors for you as we have hade several replaced over the years.

-John

JohnnyK said:
.. If you want different doors, there are lots of on-line retailers that can make custom doors for you as we have hade several replaced over the years...
A local cabinet shop would be a good option as well.

As far as the Fisher-Pakel dish drawer, we had a double drawer model at our last Florida house. Great concept, not many moving parts, but its performance was really, really poor. Dishes would not be completely cleaned. DW was not happy and I was disappointed since I was more or less in charge of a complete kitchen remodel/expansion and chose the F/P  :mad:.

Boy that's too bad.  We had the Fisher Paykel in our 5er and it did a fantastic job for us, in our opinion I guess.  Super quiet too.

Maybe ours had a problem and/or they improved its performance. We now have a Bosch in the stick house and it is super quiet and is a super performer - DW is a very happy camper.

As far as cabinetry - at least for Winnebago - you should be able to order the original style cabinetry and color for a unit that did not get the dishwasher option.  I'm sure it would be drawers rather than a cupboard.  I dug around behind mine and every piece of wood back there has a part number, and so did the drawers. 

I believe those numbers on the cabinetry (or whatever) designate the part was made for your specific unit (it has your unit's serial number.) I seriously doubt if you can order cabinetry - I tried to get a matching drawer pull from Winnebago and my Winnie contact said "not available."

I've ordered doors before. I don't know what determines if they be be purchased though. Could be age, color, style, who knows.

What model is your coach? What color/style cabinets? Simple to look up what parts it would require to make it like it never had the option.

John Canfield said:
I believe those numbers on the cabinetry (or whatever) designate the part was made for your specific unit (it has your unit's serial number.) I seriously doubt if you can order cabinetry - I tried to get a matching drawer pull from Winnebago and my Winnie contact said "not available."

I ordered an extra shelf for the glass-fronted dish cabinet over my sink through Lichtsinn's.  Winnebago had to make it custom for me, so it took a little while, but there was no problem.  I also got (under warranty) a replacement drawer front.

John Canfield said:

That's what winnebago brags about.  Every number appears on a bill of materials I downloaded for my unit, and I can order any part.  If it is discontinued or alternate it lists it on the bill of materials.  Even my pillows have numbers.

They might brag about having 100,000s of parts in inventory (which I'm sure they do) but I can guarantee some parts aren't available for an older rig and never will be.

I don't think the OP ever said what year coach he had, but if it has a dishwasher it must be fairly recent.  I have full confidence I can order any cabinetry for my 2013. 

You know more than I do-  I'm new to Winnebago, but they do discuss their parts inventory system in their promos and because they manufacture many of the parts themselves, they also keep the molds and tooling to reproduce them for years to come - probably far more efficient than trying to stock and warehouse millions of parts.  I have not tried to order cabinet doors, but they do have individual part numbers and I'm sure I could get them for the next several years.  I also have used the part numbers to order parts through the Winnebago Store on Amazon.com. 

A forum friend with an identical coach to mine wanted to replace part of his plastic dash due to wear (he was selling it) and it was "not available." With a two or three year old unit you have a very good chance of being able to buy any part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom