dinghy suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willh2o

We are still looking for an older cream puff RV, but now are considering what we should get for a dinghy.

We don't plan on using the dinghy extensively, and don't need a 4 x 4. We would like to find something small, not very expensive, older is fine, we don't want to install lots of things to make it towable. We have a 2015 CRV, but don't want to use a tow dolly or trailer, we also have a 2006 T&C, but don't want to install pump...

Any suggestions? Anything that you just love? Prefer automatic.

In 2003 I had a 03 Chevy Malibu that towed great, just put auto trans in neutral and go.  Also most early ATs GM cars towed with no problems, just check with web site in previous post.  Dick 

I wouldn't discount 4 x 4s because they allow you to go sightseeing on roads that you would hesitate taking a regular sedan.  I'm not talking about heavy-duty four-wheeling, but just simply maybe a rutted or muddy road that you would take to a destination.  Many years ago we got our first tow vehicle which was a Geo Tracker.  We found the value of having 4WD almost immediately when we got onto a muddy road on the way to Chaco Canyon and did a slow slide into a ditch.  Because we had the 4WD ability we were able to get ourselves out of the ditch relatively easily while some road equipment was busy pulling other vehicles out.  We RVers tend to enjoy exploring and a tow car with a higher clearance and the ability to go on rougher roads broadens your ability to go to out-of-the-way places.

ArdraF

There are actually quite a few choices, so what type of vehicle do you want besides small automatic? SUV? Truck? Sedan or coupe?

You can find lists of 4-down towable models back as far as year 2000 on the Motorhome Magazine website.
http://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom