Nessie sightings up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Sightings of the (mythical?) Loch Ness Monster are up in 2016, according to the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register. I've heard and read about Nessie sightings since I was a kid growing up in the UK, but what's supposedly different in 2016 is the "photographic evidence" from cell phones and web cams. Check out the Register's Web site, and decide for yourself if any of these sightings are real.

Has anyone here visited Loch Ness with hopes of seeing Nessie?

Was there a few years back never got to see it. But the whole area was very impressive.

I've never been to Loch Ness, but have been to Holy Loch a few times. We used to see monsters there a lot when we were coming back from Dunoon. ;D No evidence of the sightings though. ::)

kdbgoat said:
I've never been to Loch Ness, but have been to Holy Loch a few times. We used to see monsters there a lot when we were coming back from Dunoon. ;D No evidence of the sightings though. ::)

X2 back in the 80's

Rene-Same time frame. We may have seen each other and not known it.

Nessie sightings go up when Big Foot sightings go down, and vice versa.

Tom said:
Nessie sightings go up when Big Foot sightings go down, and vice versa.

But Bigfoot is real.  I know this is true, Elvis told me when I was abducted to his secret UFO base in the Bermuda Triangle.

Being Scottish I have been in that region but not at the Loch itself.  20 minutes from me we now have 2 sculptures of another mythical animal, the Kelpie, these are at the edge of the Forth and Clyde Canal and the M9 motorway and are pretty impressive..... you can see more photos on the website if you are interested, they light up at night

http://www.thehelix.co.uk/things-to-do/the-kelpies/kelpies-tour/#.WEhXQuhyjMI

Attachments

• 14724904425_2dcf4a253a_b.jpg
    14724904425_2dcf4a253a_b.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 16
You might remember my sister Sue who was helping me during my brain surgery by updating the forum on my condition. Now Sue got all the brains in the family, she is super smart, straight As from birth till she got her college degrees then she taught math and science at a college. Well about twenty years ago I was living in Incline Village, the town she lives in at Lake Tahoe and I went over to her house for breakfast one fine day. We were sitting at the breakfast table reading the morning papers when Sue said "Oh look, they have a photo of Tessie in this morning's paper. Tessie is a creature styled after Nessie, but from Tahoe instead. Sure enough there was a photo on the front page of Tessie. Her husband and I both rolled our eyes  ::) ::) and asked her the date of the paper. "April first" was her reply.

kdbgoat said:
Rene-Same time frame. We may have seen each other and not known it.

I worked for the Navy Dept. at Holy Loch on subs. The one that comes to mind the SSN 642, Kamehameha.
Stayed at McCall's in Dunoon.

SeilerBird said:
You might remember my sister Sue who was helping me during my brain surgery by updating the forum on my condition. Now Sue got all the brains in the family, she is super smart, straight As from birth till she got her college degrees then she taught math and science at a college. Well about twenty years ago I was living in Incline Village, the town she lives in at Lake Tahoe and I went over to her house for breakfast one fine day. We were sitting at the breakfast table reading the morning papers when Sue said "Oh look, they have a photo of Tessie in this morning's paper. Tessie is a creature styled after Nessie, but from Tahoe instead. Sure enough there was a photo on the front page of Tessie. Her husband and I both rolled our eyes  ::) ::) and asked her the date of the paper. "April first" was her reply.
Great family story Tom. Glad you are doing well.
I also had a sibling with all the brains but I got all the important stuff... mainly street smarts.
Someone needs to prove this legend to me. I don't smoke enough hippie stick to buy in without proof.
Jus sayin.....

Thanks Jeff. When Sue retired from teaching the college threw her a retirement party and at one point in the evening people started telling their favorite stories about Sue. She is a very giving person and works with a lot of charities and does a lot of good work so there were a lot of real flowery stories being told about her. I brought down the house when I told my Nessie story. :eek:

Rene T said:
I worked for the Navy Dept. at Holy Loch on subs. The one that comes to mind the SSN 642, Kamehameha.
Stayed at McCall's in Dunoon.
I was on the Nathan Hale, SSBN 623 and the Lafayette, SSBN 616, Gold crew on both, Forward Electrician (IC). The Kam actually started life as an SSBN , and was converted to SSN later. If I remember correctly, the Kam started diving with an open hatch one time when she was in Charleston. Mighty embarrassing. :-[

kdbgoat said:
I was on the Nathan Hale, SSBN 623 and the Lafayette, SSBN 616, Gold crew on both, Forward Electrician (IC). The Kam actually started life as an SSBN , and was converted to SSN later. If I remember correctly, the Kam started diving with an open hatch one time when she was in Charleston. Mighty embarrassing. :-[

I meant to say SSBN. I worked on both your boats back in my earlier days at PNSY.  X-38 Outside Machine Shop. 

We were there in April this year. Beautiful area. SIL forget her grandson's Cheese-Its, so we blamed her when we didn't get to see Nessie. But, we had a great time on the boat tour. Very interesting history too.

Back
Top Bottom