What the best breed of dog.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adorable Rene, I've  had a few, they're feisty wee things but adorable. Two we had used to fight over who got to wrap themselves round my dad's neck when he was in his armchair, the other would lie in his lap. That was in the days before remote control TVs so if my dad wanted another channel, he would shout my mum through from the kitchen to turn it over, so the dogs weren't disturbed. He loved those dogs.  :eek:  Photos please..

Congratulations on the new pup!
Just a word about the pads though, I have a friend that used pads for her dog as a pup. She's somewhat housebroke now at about 3 years old, but still thinks it's ok to pee on a rug that even closely resembles a pee pad.

kdbgoat said:
Congratulations on the new pup!
Just a word about the pads though, I have a friend that used pads for her dog as a pup. She's somewhat housebroke now at about 3 years old, but still thinks it's ok to pee on a rug that even closely resembles a pee pad.

Thanks. We are using them only because the seller and our Vet said not to put him on the ground until he has all his shots. Then his immune system will be up and functioning.   

Rene T said:
Thanks. We are using them only because the seller and our Vet said not to put him on the ground until he has all his shots. Then his immune system will be up and functioning.   

I learn something new every day. I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense.
I'm sure you guys will enjoy a lot of good times with him.

BTW, if there's no pics, then he really doesn't exist! ;D

So many wrong answers in a single thread

Of course, the Border Collie is the best breed, sillies!

;D ;D ;D

Rene T said:

Try newspapers.....

kdbgoat said:
BTW, if there's no pics, then he really doesn't exist! ;D

Indoors of course, on the back of the couch basking in the FL sun trying to get a tan.  Click on the picture to open it.

Attachments

• Buddy.jpg
    Buddy.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 47
You said several times throughout the thread you wanted a small dog. One rung up from teacup?....That's a small dog!

Reminds me of my neighbors. Years ago this Chihuahua was running around the neighborhood lost. A week went by and it was still wandering around. My long time neighbor was getting concerned as much as I. I just could never trap that little bugger. He was quick! We finally cornered him and my neighbor took him in. The notices went up all over the neighborhood. As well as calls to the local animal shelters and vets. No ID chip. No replies.
After close to a month of failure in finding the true owner, it was off to their long time vet with a new permanent family member. All was well. A lucky find.

That Chihuahua turned out to be the most spoiled dog on the planet! Their best buddy. Both dog and rescuers were a very happy family for the rest of dog's days.

Congrats, Rene! I truly hope your puppy grows up to be just as special!

I agree, he's a cutie.  You'll have to bring him up to meet Zev to see if they bond too.

Ed

Last night was the first night living with us and away from his siblings. Went to sleep at 11:00, woke up at 3:00 and had to pee and poop. Went right back to sleep and woke back up at 8:00. Doesn't get much better than that.  :) :D

Oh my he's cute! Has he got a name yet?

Just thought newspaper as a different feel from the pad, you could put pad under the paper if concerned about him thinking ok to pee on carpet.  Just a thought. He'll probably be fine.

Oh and one more thing, watch him if you see any great Danes,  my first chihuahua went for the jugular of a great dane with no provocation and he was a real quiet chap normally  :eek:

My most favorite dog breed has been my Newfoundlands. They are the best with people, children, and other animals.  Everyone and everything is their best friend. They are called gentle giants and are true to their name. No barking unless in play with these guys.
To bad they are 180 and 145 pounds. Not lap dogs even though that is where they want to be. Maybe I can use another RV as a tow for them when we go out. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom