Capitol Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terry A. Brewer said:
Do you agree with the RV parks reviewers on Ruby's Inn? I can't understand why so many reviews are different from the ones here...Could there be two Ruby's Inns?

We stayed in the campground, had the 40.5' Queen Mary, 'scuse me, TS :) and had no problems navigating the CG. Spaces were wide enough and very long. Exits did have to be planned to avoid overly tight turns. Would stay there again.

Bernie

>>Exits did have to be planned to avoid overly tight turns.<<

Thanks...It's Cannonville Koa for me.<G>

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Phil

>>? Don't try to put your MH in the tent section. <<

You can put that roller-skate of yours anywhere, same with Russ's IFS.<G> I'll be skipping Ruby's? for the MH but will check it out by car.

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Terry A. Brewer said:
Bernie

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Maybe you misunderstood. Navigating the roads are fine but, as Phil said, some lead to difficult turns and you have to decide which are the proper ones to take. Not a great big deal.  I would still stay at Ruby's.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Bernie

Terry
At Torrey, UT

We would take Rubys over that KOA you mentioned.  Good Luck ;D

Terry A. Brewer said:
I'll be skipping Ruby's  for the MH but will check it out by car.

Terry,

Just tell them you want a full hookup pull through site.  They are all visible from the office.  Impossible to get lost.  :)

Phil

Ken,

We are staying at Thousand Lakes RV Park in Torrey.  Nice wide beautiful pull through sites. I love the Gift shop, the Country meals served at the  pavilion and the views of the  spectacular bluffs.  It is close to Capitol Reef National Park and has been an excellent base for our exploration here.  Fred and Daisy will extend their stay here another week. 
Thanks,

Betty

Betty,

Thanks for the reply on the park at Torrey. Hope to get there soon.

Glad you guys are having a good time.

ken

To Phil:  Today, 16th, Daisy and I drove west on RT 24 from Torrey through Bicknell, Lyman, Loa to the junction with RT 72.  The north on 72 just a little way past Fremont to a gravel road to the right and to a trail head to Elkhorn.  Was about 8 miles in.  There was some snow there.  We could have gone through but did not.  Tomarrow we will find the route to Thousand Lakes Mountain and try for the overlook there.  The snow is about 8000 feet. 

Daisy and I are making reservations for next year.  Lots to see here and the Thousand Lakes RV park is ideal.  One Seventeen a week, good 50 amp power, good pull throughs as well a ample back in's.  Excellent BBQ [cowboy] suppers served, best looking gift shop I have been in.  There is Wi-Fi that we have for free now - but understand they will start charging for it soon.  No cell phone service.  Must go 6 miles west on RT 24 to Bicknell to get Altell and perhaps others.  Sprint is analog roam and Rus says his ATT works in the park here.

Don't forget Capital Reef during harvest season....you can go in the orchards and "pick your own." Price is set by the superintendent based on local prices. Makes a fall rally even more enticing.

Wendy

fredethomas said:
Daisy and I are making reservations for next year.  Lots to see here and the Thousand Lakes RV park is ideal.

Careful Fred or you might get addicted to Utah.  ;D

Remind me to tell you about Goblin Valley next time we meet.

Phil

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom