Garmin bc20 back up camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Furbs

Was thinking of adding the back up camera to my 760rv gps. Don't get too excited about drilling. Has anyone installed one on their camper?

Since I already had cameras on the rear of the trailer and on the rear of the truck, I mounted the BC20 to the inside of my ToyHauler. I can watch the bike and see it come unted and smash everything in the trailer.... :)

But the video quality is very poor and I lose signal many times. Since it came free with the GPS at the time I bought it, no foul....But I wouldn't buy it as a backup camera.

I'm using a ebay $15 camera with a $10 2.5g wireless transmitter receiver and the picture quality is superb and never loses signal.

If you look in this article I wrote, near the end, it is all shown and explained

http://rvbprecision.com/rv-projects/forest-river-cherokee-grey-wolf-19rr-toy-hauler.html

very interesting rberalotto. I have the garmin rv gps with camera and the rear view is not real good. Usable but not great. If I bought the screen and camera you did, can I use the camera wiring that came with the garmin.

The wireless part of the bc20 is a little square that should be mounted so it is flat towards the GPS unit. You can put the whole thing in a box mounted on the RV, and get power from a nearby clearance light. But it is recommended that the sending unit be inside.

Drilling that hole was the hardest thing about the installation. Not the act itself... working myself up to putting a hole in my RV was the hard part.

I got power off of a reading light over the bed. The camera is on whenever the house 12V is on.

I'm going to mount a pair of flood lights in back with a switch so I can light up a campsite I'm backing into. The camera isn't the best at night.

Attachments

• Backup camera-800x800.jpg
    Backup camera-800x800.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 20
rbertalotto said:
Since I already had cameras on the rear of the trailer and on the rear of the truck, I mounted the BC20 to the inside of my ToyHauler. I can watch the bike and see it come unted and smash everything in the trailer.... :)

But the video quality is very poor and I lose signal many times. Since it came free with the GPS at the time I bought it, no foul....But I wouldn't buy it as a backup camera.

I'm using a ebay $15 camera with a $10 2.5g wireless transmitter receiver and the picture quality is superb and never loses signal.

If you look in this article I wrote, near the end, it is all shown and explained

http://rvbprecision.com/rv-projects/forest-river-cherokee-grey-wolf-19rr-toy-hauler.html

My brother is looking for something similar, thank you for the useful information.

Back
Top Bottom